four

The bite hurt more than Ming had anticipated. Way more. He wasn't going to complain though. He promised Yo that he would never leave him and he planned to keep that promise. Nothing was taking him away from Yo, not if he had anything to do to help it. Wayo was the love of his life and he wasn't going to leave him. Especially with that asshole Joss obsessing over him, leaving Yo alone to deal with him wasn't on the schedule. That was just unacceptable.

"Okay, just a heads up. He's going to pass out soon." Suthee spoke up and then Ming felt worse than he did before. Everything was too loud, too hot. He felt like his stomach was trying to crawl out to freedom. Dying felt better than this.

"Wait, what? Why is going to pass out?!" Wayo's voice was frantic again and Ming wanted to do nothing more than comfort him but everything was too much. He couldn't bring himself to move because he felt like his body had been flung to the sun and his clothes were covered in cement. His body was on fire and everything hurt.

"The venom has to take effect and since his body is so weak right now, he'll need to be unconscious for it to work quick enough. Don't worry, he'll wake up." This time park spoke up and the question as to why Park knew that so well was on the tip of his tongue but he didn't want to know the answer, honestly. Wayo's thumbs started to stroke Ming's cheeks, just like Ming had done minutes before.

"What if he doesn't?" Ming's heart shattered. Wayo was so broken, so scared, and it was all Ming's fault. He had to comfort him, needed to. He spoke, words stirred together and barely audible before he felt his body go slack and the world went quiet.

"I'm not leaving you."

//.//

Oh god, everything hurt. His lungs felt dry and his nostrils burned each time he took a breath. His eyelids felt like they were glued stuck and his limbs felt like they didn't belong to him. Is this was death felt like? He thought death was supposed to bring peace and tranquility to those who had passed, not an eternal annoyance.

"You said he would wake up." That voice was familiar, why was that voice familiar? More importantly, where the hell was he? And why did everything smell so different?

"He will." Oof. Whoever that was sounded like they were three seconds away from breaking someone's neck. Ming hoped it wasn't him.

"It's already been a day," the first voice sounded in the room again. A day and someone still isn't awake? That seemed horrible to go through.

"He was shot, N'Yo. It will take a little bit." N'Yo. Wayo! Fuck okay Ming open your eyes. You said you weren't going to leave him, prove to him that you didn't. Fucking open your eyes Mingkwan! He tried his hardest, feeling a hand slip into his in the process.

"I'm scared," Wayo admitted, and Ming felt a force of determination pulse through him. He was going to open his eyes and he was going to do it now. The second his eyelids opened, he groaned and closed them again. That was a mistake.

"Ming!" His name echoed around the room and he felt a tiny body climb on his, the person shaking as they cried. He squinted one eye open to see it was Wayo, his head buried in his hands and he basically straddled Ming in front of all of their friends.

"Oh baby, come here," Ming cooed, not even acknowledging that he let the nickname slip as he gently tugged Yo's arms so he could effectively wrap his best friend in his arms and comfort him.

"You're here, you're really here. I thought I lost you," Wayo sobbed into Ming's shoulder and all the older boy could do was shush him quietly as he held him tight. He wanted to badly to pepper his face with kisses but he couldn't do that, not yet. He still had to confess.

"I promised I would never leave you," he responded finally after Wayo calmed down, and kissed his cheek gently, letting his lips linger on Yo's milky white skin for a moment before pulling back. Yo still looked dazzling even with red, bloodshot eyes and a snotty nose. Ming still wanted to kiss him so badly.

"Ming, you need to drink something," Suthee's voice sounded from the other side of the room and Ming was surprised at how clear it sounded to him. He looked up, only to see the blood bag in his hands. He thought he would feel nauseous at the thought of him drinking blood, but just the sight of it made his mouth water.

Suthee didn't say anything, just walked over and cut the corner of the bag open to pour the liquid into an opaque cup just in case any of their friends were put off by witnessing this. In his peripherals, he saw Kit turn and hide his face in Forth's chest and saw the other two doctors look up at the ceiling. Park didn't look bothered and surprisingly neither did Yo, who sat back a little so he could eat, still sniffling a little.

Suthee handed the cup to Ming, who greedily began to gulp it down, the taste making the tension in his body and mind let up. He had never felt so alive before. That was ironic but still. One cup wasn't enough to satisfy his thirst so Suthee poured him another and Ming drank that cup slower. He looked to Wayo who was just staring at him, knees still around his waist as he sat on him. He quickly looked away, feeling shy as he finished the cup and handed it back to Suthee as he thanked him.

Yo leaned forward and wiped his thumb across Ming's top lip. "You're such a messy eater," he chided softly, placing his thumb inside Ming's mouth gently so he could take the last bit of blood.

Ming really really really wanted to kiss him.