three

trigger warning: I talk a lot about dying and having a friend see you.... well dying so if any of that would trigger you please either proceed with caution or skip this chapter.

I wouldn't suggest skipping it but I understand if you need to. If you plan on skipping it and need a recap of what happened, feel free to message me and I will try my hardest to help.

/./

"Ming!" Ming could feel himself be lowered to the ground, but he didn't register it. He knew his head was placed on someone's lap but he couldn't feel it. All his brain could do was take the absolute suffering he felt and amplify it into anguish. He felt awful. His entire body felt like it was doused in acid, but the spot just below his ribs hurt the most. He figured that was where he had been shot.

"Ming, oh my god, fuck, Ming look at me." He followed the voice and saw Wayo staring at him, wide eyes full of tears as Ming held back screams of pain. "Oh my god, hi baby, hi. Just keep looking at me, okay?" Yeah, like he would ever stop looking at Yo. He was all Ming cared about. His pink lips, soft hair, soft body, tiny fingers. Ming kept track of it all. Yo was all he looked at.

He finally focused on the sounds around him and vaguely heard Kit and Park communicate, and the "he's bleeding too much" did nothing to soothe his pain. It was obvious that Wayo heard it too because he looked up at Kit and the tears fell.

"No! Don't say that, he'll- he'll be fine." Wayo sobbed, looking back down at Ming. He forced a smile on his face, and while it was not the one Ming fell in love with, he would take it. He knew he was dying. He could feel it.

"Yo, please stop crying," Ming whispered, bringing a hand up to caress Yo's cheeks, smiling when Yo leaned into his palm and kissed his wrist. He could feel the wetness from Yo's tears on his skin and his heart broke. He found it hard to breathe. Wait, no that was because it was hard to breathe. Was it always this hard to breathe?

"Park, go get Suthee." Kit's voice was stern and he heard Park's footsteps leave the area they were at. Ming got shot in a circus. What a lame way to die.

"Why do we need Suthee?" Wayo didn't break the eye contact he had with Ming, running his hands through the other's sweaty hair. Ming's body soon felt numb and he looked down to see Kit remove his hands from the wound. Right, pressure. He looked back to Wayo when the sight of the blood - his blood - make him queasy.

"Yo, I really don't think I should tell you," the way Kit spoke made it seem like he knew Ming was dying, which was probably true since he was a third year Med student. Hell, Ming himself wasn't a med student but he knew he was dying.

"P'Kit please," Wayo's broken voice brought tears to Ming's eyes. This was not how tonight was supposed to go. He was supposed to confess and they were supposed to kiss and they were supposed to live happily ever after. This wasn't fair.

"He's bleeding out. There is no way he can survive this. It looks like he was shot in the lung." Oh, well, that explains why breathing was a pain in the ass. There were black dots forming at the corners of his vision, and he figured that couldn't be a good thing. Wayo let out a broken cry and brought his hands to Ming's cheeks. Wayo was so close. If Ming just tilted up a bit, he could kiss him. Ming really wanted to kiss him. Wayo opened his mouth, and it seemed like he was chanting something. He wasn't religious but maybe he was praying? Praying over a lost cause.

"You promised you wouldn't leave me, you promised," Fuck. Fuckity fuck. Hearing Yo having to choke out such heartbreaking words made Ming want to die. Well, maybe that was a bad joke. He rubbed his thumb on Yo's cheekbone, even if moving that small body part took all of his energy. Wow, dying sucked.

"I won't leave you. I won't," it was a lie. Both of them knew that if Suthee, the boy who couldn't even kill a spider, didn't change him he was a goner. That didn't stop him from trying to comfort the boy. He lived for Yo's happiness and would do anything to see him smile. Ming vaguely heard more footsteps and more voices come up and he safely assumed they were the other boys. More importantly, Suthee.

"Suthee! Suthee, change him, please change him. I can't live without him. Please, please save him," Wayo was frantic, cheeks soaked with tears and eyes still full. His body was heaving with sobs and he looked awful. How did Ming not notice how broken he was? He needed to be observant if he was going survive this.

"I'll save him, Ai'Yo, I promise." Even Suthee's voice sounded wet and it made Ming feel bad. This wasn't supposed to happen and it wasn't Ming's fault but he still felt guilty. He felt Suthee sit beside him more than he saw or heard him. "This is going to hurt, buddy." Yeah, no fucking shit. But if he got to see Yo every day, he would happily be in pain every day of his life.