seventeen

The night Yo left to go see his father, Ming felt like he was glued to his phone. His heart was racing, his mind was panicking, and even if he could feel Yo, he was still worried out of his mind. Yo was calm, excited while Ming felt like his heart was going to jump out of his throat. He kept his phone unlocked at all times and had his ringer volume all the way up just in case. He didn't know where Joss was, or if Joss knew Yo left but he was worried out of his mind.

Hanging out with his friends didn't help. Forth got annoyed with him for being so panicked and where Forth goes, Kit follows. Beam and Pha were on a date and Park had a summer class he had to attend. Suthee sat with him for a few hours, but Ming quickly got annoyed with all the questions of how having a known soulmate felt. Ming kicked him out.

It wasn't until the early morning hours of the next day that he calmed down enough to finally sleep for a bit, his phone still on full volume in case something happened. It was hard sleeping without Yo when he had gotten so used to it. They had been together for about six months, and had been living together for three. Three months of cuddling with his baby for him to just disappear and make it impossible for the vampire to sleep. Ming didn't even know why he needed sleep, he wasn't really alive so what did sleep do? Give him something to do for eight-ish hours? That was boring.

Sleeping without Yo also entailed for nightmares, apparently. Each dream Ming had lead to something happening with Yo. In one, he got in a car accident. Ming was towns away and couldn't save him, so his baby ended passing away. Ming decided he didn't like being without his baby. At all.

At around seven o'clock in the morning, after he had slept on and off for four hours, he woke up when a shot of panic overtook his body. But this wasn't his panic. No, this was Wayo's. A few moments later his phone rang and he scrambled to pick it up.

"Ming?!" He heard his baby on the other side of the phone, voice panicked and shaky. He heard the road in the back ground and the low timbre of his soon-to-be father's voice speak rapidly.

"Baby?! What's wrong?"

"You have to go! You have to leave!"

"What, why? What's happening?"

"It's Joss. He's- he told me he's going to end you for good this time. Ming, please, you have to leave! Dad and I are on our way okay? Forth and Kit are coming to get you and we'll meet you somewhere," Wayo started taking like the seat of his pants were on fire and Ming jumped out of bed to get his essential things, packing as quick as he could. "Please be okay Ming. You have to be okay. I can't live without you."

"I won't ever leave you, I promised you that. I'll be okay, I promise." The moment he said that, his door was being attacked. His fear grew, but he wasn't sure if it was Yo's or his. The door was hit again, this time with the familiar voice of Joss echoing in the hallway. Ming decided to try his window.

He was blessed with a balcony, so he figured climbing across a couple and then down would be the best option. Was it smart? No. Did he have a choice? No.

"Yo, I love you. I love you with my whole heart." He whispered, ending the phone call while Yo called his name loudly and pocketed his phone.

"Here goes nothing," he spoke quietly, before successfully dropping down to the floor below him. It only hurt a little. (He almost faceplanted into the railing. No one had to know that though.) The moment he went down another floor, he heard his door finally give way and bust open. Joss seemed like a strong man. That just made Ming even more terrified.

He was reminded of the night his human life ended and how satisfied Joss was after to know that he had killed Ming, even if it was temporarily. Ming knew that if he gave Joss the chance, he would be done. But Joss wouldn't get that chance because Ming had a promise to keep. He didn't break promises.

Three floors down and the door was left open, so Ming decided it would be significantly easier for him to just run through the door and down the stairs as opposed to risking his life every fifteen seconds. He did that and ran for his undead life. The only thought going through his head was Wayo and his safety. He knew Joss wasn't there near him, thankfully, but he did end the phone call in a pretty shitty way. He'd have to call him back as soon as he got to safety.

He saw police lights the minute he stepped foot outside, saw Kit biting his nails like he did when he was anxious and saw Forth taking to a police officer. He slowed down for a second, and took a breath of fresh air before his froze. Goosebumps raised on his arms as metal was pressed to his throat. It was a knife.

Joss changed his game. This was going to end poorly for one of them.

Ming truly didn't know why Joss had the balls to threaten someone's life in front of at least three cops but soon guns were pulled out and Ming gulped, the sharp edge of the knife scraping his skin slightly. He closed his eyes, sighed quickly, and threw his head back so it hit Joss in the nose. The knife clattered to the ground and Ming ran to hide behind the strong men with guns. Two police officers ran to detain the human as Ming was wrapped in two of his friend's arms. He let out a shaky chuckle, tears of relief filling his eyes. Joss was finally gone.

This was surely a story he was not going to tell his grandkids.

//.//

I'm not super happy with his chapter but I hope you guys it anyway! Joss is done! Or is he? Mwahahaha

(No he is I don't like making my bby Joss a bad guy haha)