twenty-two

Ming woke up from a restless sleep, exhausted from being too excited to close his eyes and not being used to sleeping alone. It was magical how quickly Wayo became his support system, and Ming knew it wasn't healthy to feel like his entire life revolved around Yo, but that's truly how he felt. He woke up and thought about Yo's smile, he fell asleep to thinking about his laugh. Wayo was everything Ming wanted in life.

He thought it was funny that it took him dying at a school funded circus for the two of them to get together, and after that, it was a whirlwind of love and excitement. To other people, their relationship probably progressed too quickly. In one year, they had started as best friends and moved into the wonderful land of boyfriends and that quickly became husbands. Well, not yet.

Wayo would finally be his husband in four hours. Thailand apparently wanted the best for them because on a day where heavy participation had been in the forecast for two weeks, the sky was clear and the birds were chirping. Ming felt a little jealous that the birds had their lovers but Ming was separated from the love of his life. A smile broke out on his face when he thought of the younger boy, but a banging on his hotel door brought him out of his trance. It was time to start.

It was a hard task to deal with his three groomsmen when he was running on barely three hours of sleep, but he knew it wouldn't matter in the long run. Wayo was probably having a harder time than he was with the two upperclassmen who acted like his mother and Park, who would be no help. Ming held back the urge to text the younger, knowing that Yo had requested that they had no conversation to make the ceremony that much more exciting. (Ming didn't quite understand that but he could never say no to his chubby baby.)

He dressed in his suit, the white shade bringing up the small amount of melanin in his pale skin. Most of their families didn't know that the two had given up their human lives and they didn't plan to break the news today. That could wait. Ming sat on the couch provided in his dressing room, undead heart racing as he stared at the clock, willing time to speed up so he could finally call Wayo his husband. (It didn't work. Ming wasn't happy about it.)

His hair stylist showed up and began messing around with his hair but Ming paid no mind to it as he counted down the seconds to the time of the ceremony. Makeup was applied to his face but he didn't notice as he imagined Wayo walking down the aisle. Pha talked to him but he didn't listen. His mind was stuck on Yo, just like it always was.

An hour before the wedding, Ming finally slipped on his shoes, a pair of black converse while Yo wore white. (It was a silly idea Ming had said he wanted while they were in middle school because he hated dress shoes so much and he was so surprised when Wayo asked if he wanted to do it. He had never known a comment he made while they were fourteen would stick with the younger like that.)

The last hour took the longest. Ming was ready and had been for a while and his friends just got finished but they still had a majority of an hour left until Ming was allowed to go to the altar. He was shaking, and he felt a little nauseous. He was too excited and nervous and happy to even think about waiting at this point.

"Are you excited?" Forth asked, large hand clasping Ming's shoulder. The younger one nodded, looking up at his senior with a bright smile. Forth just smiled back and moved so Pha could do the things Beam asked him to do, like make sure Ming's tie was straight and that his shirt was appropriately tucked in. There was a knock on the dressing room door, and Ming ran over to it, opening it up. It was Yo's father, eyes full of tears and cheeks red. Ming grew worried before he was tugged into the older man's chest. He returned his father in law's embrace and listened to the older man whisper words of encouragement.

"I'm glad he's marrying you. You two have always been perfect for each other," Mr. Panitchayasawad smiled and tears spring to Ming's eyes. He was so thankful for Yo's father. The older man pressed a comforting hand on the small of his back before venturing back to his son. Ming looked up, bottom lip wobbling.

"Hey! Don't cry!" Suthee worried over his friend, waving his hands frantically to dry the streaks of salty water falling down the groom's cheeks. Ming just flashed a smile at him and walked into the hallway, following his father-in-law. He caught up to him, smiling at him and the two began walking in step.

"He'll be pissed at me if I see him in his outfit but... I just need to tell him I love him," Ming smiled shyly, waiting as the other man slipped into the room. He heard the lock of the door click but he also heard a tap on it.

"Ming? Are you okay?"

"I love you so much. Thank you for existing."

//.//

my mama is going to read this story at some point so if you made it here, hey mama. ❤️