five

"We got some things we need to talk about, bud," Suthee spoke as the other friends left after about an hour of socializing. Wayo still hadn't gotten off of his lap, but Ming didn't mind. He was at Suthee's house, in his bed but with Yo on his lap, he had never felt more at home. He knew why Forth always had Kit sit on his lap.

"Okay." He nodded, shifting slightly so he could sit up and pay more attention to what his friend was going to say to him. Wayo whined a bit at the movements and Ming didn't hesitate to pull him closer and whisper comforting words to him. Park was there too, he and Suthee were connected at the waist, and he seemed vaguely serious as well, which was a bit surprising. Park was usually a happy go lucky guy. The sight of him serious made Ming realize this probably wasn't going to be a fun talk.

"We just need to explain the basics okay?" Suthee paused until Ming confirmed that he was listening, only continuing after that. "Okay so, first big thing. Blood. You don't always need animal blood, and you definitely don't have to drink from humans. There are supplements and powdered formulas that can tide you over. Since you're a baby, I would say maybe drink actual blood whenever you can. That way you stay healthy. Also, you don't have to kill animals. Blood bags are quite common if you know where to look. I prefer to just... eat raw red meat. But to each their own."

Ming grew a bit disgusted at the idea of eating raw beef, so he decided he would just get blood bags. He would get blood bags after he asked where he could find them.

"Where can you find blood bags?" Wayo spoke up, speaking for Ming who just looked at him shocked. Could Yo read minds?

"Most pharmacies have them now. Some convenience stores. I mainly get Sut's from the store behind the university." Park answered, smiling slightly. Yo nodded, and Suthee continued.

"You aren't immortal. You will die at some point, it will just take you longer to die than a mortal. Your senses are heightened, so better eyesight, better hearing, all that jazz. It can be a bit shocking at first but you'll get used to it." Suthee spoke, and Ming listened like he was listening to a lecture from his professor. The whole speech didn't take that long and soon Suthee and Park walked out of the bedroom. Ming was alone with Wayo for the first time since he woke up.

"I'm not dreaming, am I?" Wayo whispered, leaning back again so he could place both of his small hands on Ming's face. The other smiled slightly and held his breath. This was new. He and Wayo were close, always had been and always will be, but nothing like this ever happened. Yo never sat on his lap, Yo never cuddled him this much, Yo never wiped his lips. This was new but this wasn't unwelcome.

"Ai'Yo, can I tell you something?" Ming whispered, finally ready to confess. Wayo nodded, eyes bright and wide. Ming knew at that moment he loved Wayo, he loved him with his whole heart and he needed Yo in his life. He didn't waste any time, he grabbed the hands that were still on his cheeks and held them, leaning his head to the right almost subconsciously to feel more of Yo on him.

"I am in love with you, Ai'Yo." His words were soft but he was determined. He stared at Yo, to watch if the younger was going to react harshly. He saw Wayo's wide eyes widen even more, saw a flush grow on his cheeks and he saw a smile form on his face. He was glowing, and Ming couldn't be happier.

"Say it again," Wayo whispered, moving so his forehead was placed on Ming's. His eyes slipped closed and Ming just whispered the three words back at him. The shiver he felt run through Yo's spine made his breath hitch as he grinned. Wayo giggled, moving his hands off the older's face and loosely wrapping his arms around his neck.

"I love you too," Yo whispered back at him, and Ming grinned so wide it felt like his lips were trying to touch his ears. Hearing the love of his life say those words to him made his heart race. This wasn't a dream. Those words were the best thing he has ever heard. Wayo loved him, and he loved Yo.

"Even if I drink blood now?" Ming teased, moving his hands so they rested lightly on Yo's hips as they basked in the glow that was first love.

"I love you, even if you drink blood," Wayo affirmed, moving his head off of Ming's forehead and just stared into his eyes. Ming stared back, deftly moving his fingers so they slipped under Yo's shirt. He rested his palm on the soft flesh of Yo's hips and watched at the younger boy closed his eyes. His thumbs began to rub circles and Yo cracked a smile at the action. His eyes opened and he looked back at Ming, eyes searching for something.

"Your eyes are really pretty now, Ai'Ming," Yo whispered, a soft smile etched on his face and a glimmer in his eye. Ming smiled in response, turning bashful. He knew that now his eyes had a red twinge, and he was honestly a bit worried about it. "You've always been so beautiful."

Ming was going to die prematurely at the rate his undead heart was beating.