twenty-one

Ming ran a hand through his hair as he paced. He knew his friends were annoyed with how stressed he was, but he couldn't calm down. His head hurt and his breathing was irregular. Ming was worried out of his damn mind and for no reason at all. Forth sighed, Suthee continued to ignore him and Phana laughed at him.

"Bro, calm down," Phana continued to chuckle quietly from where he was sat on the couch in Ming's dressing room. Ming stared at him, eyes narrowed in disbelief. It had been three full days since he saw Yo. And that was because the wedding was in twenty-four hours. He had a perfect excuse for how wound up he was.

Ming was going to be married tomorrow.

He wasn't nervous about being married, and he definitely wasn't regretting proposing to Yo. Yo was the love of his life, there was no doubt about that - especially now since their mind link was finally established. He was ecstatic but he also knew he was a walking trainwreck when he was nervous and tomorrow was going to be the most nervewracking day he will ever experience.

'Why are you freaking out?' Ming heard a voice that sounded suspiciously like his fiancé bounce around in his head, and the gasp of surprise that escaped his mouth was soon followed by an embarrassed fluff and a wave of his hand when Phana raised an eyebrow at him. Ming forgot that his baby could start conversations telepathically. Ming was a little envious because he still couldn't get that specific talent down, but at the same time, he was a little thankful. Wayo had more control over his thoughts anyway. 'Are you getting cold feet?'

'Of course not, my love,' Ming grinned sheepishly when Phana realized what he was doing. The taller boy rolled his eyes, leaning back to play on his phone. Suthee, who had been quietly panicking about his suit pants being crinkled, looked amused and Forth just laughed at him. He didn't know why they were so judgy. 'Marrying you is my greatest wish. I just- what if I forget my vows?'

'I don't know what they are, no one but you knows what they are except you. So when you inevitably blank, no one will judge you.' Ming snorted, smirk playing on his lips and he rolled his eyes playfully. He sat down for the first time in three hours and let out an exhale of breath he didn't know he was holding. It was refreshing and calming to talk to the one he had dedicated his entire life to. He felt lucky to have his best friend for several years turn into the one person he would spend the rest of his elongated life with.

'Wow, thanks for the encouragement baby,' he teased, taking out his phone and beginning to write a cheesy text message that he knew his lover would enjoy. Conversation was rare this past week since Wayo was busy getting the final details of the wedding perfected so any and all texts were appreciated. (Especially since Kit and Beam had basically become the wedding planners they weren't paying for. Wayo didn't seem to mind being lead all over town to get last minute items. Ming had different thoughts.)

'I'm just being honest,' the newer vampire whined and Ming chuckled, sending the message as soon as he finished it before pocketing his phone. Phana led him out of the room as they headed toward their tailor to pick up the suit jackets and ties for tomorrow's wedding. He lead his three friends to the back of the building and waited as they tried on the jackets to make sure they fit. It was his turn, but as soon as he stepped on the pedestal the tailor was stationed at, Wayo communicated again.

'Mingkwan, was it on your agenda to make me cry in a public restroom?' Ming coughed to hide his chuckled when he imagined Yo reading the text and busting out into tears. His tiny, sensitive precious baby.

'Not in those exact words, but I did want you to know how much I adored you,' he responded, a light flush coating his cheeks at how cheesy but honest his words were. He caught Forth's gaze in the mirror and raised an eyebrow when Forth narrowed his eyes. Ming waited for the tailor to leave before he questioned the older.

"You're having a whole conversation with your fiancé but I can't get a damn text back," Forth complained, a childish pout forming on his lips. Sounds of agreement came from both of his other friends and he laughed, shrugging.

"I could ask my baby to put in a good word with your babies?" He offered, waiing politely as the tailor who handed him his invoice. He gave the older man his credit card and looked at his friends again.

'Please tell your people to talk to their boyfriends so said boyfriends stop whining to me,' he complained to his fiancé, walking back out of the tailor shop and to the hotel where he was staying at. He held back the temptation to go two floors higher than he was supposed to, just to go see Wayo's smiling face. He knew the younger would be highly upset if he did that. Wayo was a stickler for traditions and rules.

'I can't believe you're using me like this,' Wayo teased him, but Ming noticed the smiles that over took his friend's faces when their phones went off in quick succession. He smiled, leaning back on the elevator wall.

'Oh shut up you, whiny baby,' he chided, no bite in his words. He would imagine Wayo laughing at him and his heart practically grew in size when he remembered that in less than fifteen hours that same laugh would be his husband's laugh.

'You love me though,' Wayo concluded his argument and Ming couldn't agree more. A soft smile took over his face as he responded.

'I do."