nine

Ming was having a bit of a hard time. Suthee did not tell him that taking blood supplements would make everything so much more sensitive. His body was much more sensitive, and even mentally, things that normally wouldn't mess with him flipped his entire world upside down. He was having a great day, all until Phana had to run his mouth.

"You know Ming, I'm surprised Wayo likes you now. I know you've always been freaky, but damn, now that you're actually a freak, it's just a little shocking," his words were jovial, but Ming was shell-shocked. He hadn't considered himself a freak, had never even thought twice when Suthee said he was a vampire, and him changing into one never worried him. It saved his life, so he always considered vampirism a second chance to love Yo correctly. But if Phana thought he was a freak, did his boyfriend?

He heard Beam and Forth tell Phana off, watched as Kit asked if he was a freak with such a dejected face. He witnessed Phana backpedal, practically begging for Suthee and Park to stop leaving the table. But most of all, he felt Wayo tense from beside him. He felt the younger boy grip his hand tighter and saw his face harden.

"Wow, P'Pha. It's just a little shocking that you could think a joke like that would be funny," unlike Pha's words, Yo's were full of venom. Phana looked taken aback, and Yo just smiled condescendingly before standing and taking Ming with him.

"Let's go home," he whispered, grabbing both of their bags and basically dragging the both of them out of the cafeteria and into the parking lot.

"Baby, you have classes," Ming whispered, afraid that speaking louder would show how affected he was by the joke Phana made him, forcing a smile when the younger turned to look at him. He held Ming's face in both of his tiny hands, leaning up on his toes to press a gentle kiss on the other's lips. He rubbed his thumbs on the older's prominent cheekbones and stared in his eyes.

"You are more important right now, my love. So let's go home," the smaller boy quickly grabbed Ming's hand again and led him to the car, taking the keys and slipping in the driver's seat while the other situated himself in the passenger seat. Wayo started the car and drove cautiously to Ming's dorm, the place the both of them had been calling home lately. The drive was quiet and full of tension, Ming staying quiet so he didn't cry, and Wayo staying silent so he didn't blow up.

They reached the dormitory and parked, but neither of them made any moves to leave the vehicle. The older sighed, rubbing his hands together before he spoke up.

"P'Pha was right, I am a freak. You deserve someone better than me," his whisper was shaky, just like his hands were, and he looked terrified. Wayo wanted to punch Phana in the face.

"Babe, look at me. Look at me," Wayo begged, grabbing Ming's hands and holding them. "I love you. All of you. Fangs, blood drinking, pale skin, I don't fucking care. I love it, just as much as I loved human you, okay? You are my person. You're my best friend and you're my boyfriend and I would want literally no one else to be that. You are mine, Ming. Human or not."

Ming stared at the younger boy, tears silently falling from his eyes and rolling down his cheeks. Yo frowned, thumbs wiping the tears away as quietly and as quickly as they fell.

"I love you, Ming. Only you," Wayo whispered, his own eyes filling with tears. Ming whimpered quietly, his hands moving to rest on Yo's shoulders. The younger smiled, breathing deeply so he could calm down and stepped out of the car. Ming followed when he saw Yo wait at the hood. The younger smiled, locking the car as he held a hand out for Ming to take. The older just smiled softly and intertwined their fingers, walking slowly behind Wayo. He was so lucky to have him.

//.//

"Ai'Ming, come here," Wayo gestured for his boyfriend to lay the bed with him, to which the older obliged. Ming lay next to the chubby boy, holding him closer. His heart still hurt from earlier. He knew the older was joking, but he was worried that Wayo would agree. Even if the younger disproved that, he still didn't view himself as worthy for the younger boy. He never had.

"What are you thinking about, bubs? You look sad," Wayo spoke quietly, bringing his hand up to smooth other the furrowed brows on Ming's face. The younger looked concerned and Ming felt a little guilty for thinking so poorly. He knew Wayo loved him, but his head was just being... mean.

"I just- I love you so much," Ming whispered, burgundy eyes filling up with salty tears once again. Wayo frowned, moving closer to hug the vampire.

"I love you so much too," Wayo spoke, face burying in Ming's chest while both of his arms went around the other's neck. It was a bit weird and uncomfortable, but neither of them really cared. Ming needed comfort, and Wayo was going to give it to him. Ming loved him so much.