one

Today was the day. Today was the day that Ming was going to confess to Wayo.

Hopefully.

Ming couldn't really gain the balls to do it. Wayo has been his best friend for the majority of his life and over time, he had started to fall for the younger. But still, they had been friends for forever and he didn't want to lose the only friendship that mattered to him. Don't get him wrong, he loved his other friends dearly, but he and Yo connected on a level that no one else could even compare to.

They were always together, always supporting another with everything they did, always being the rock for the other person to lean on in times of hardship. Wayo was special to him and he was scared shitless that his confession would make that connection leave. Which Ming knew was a dumb thing because Wayo was the most caring person on the face of the earth and would never let Ming feel like he lost his best friend. Ming was still terrified of the outcome.

Yet, no matter what he said, his friends truly didn't give a flying fuck. He would whine to Kit but Kit would roll his eyes and say he never knew what Wayo felt unless he asked. He would complain to Beam but the older would smack his head and tell him to man up. Pha would just ignore him. Forth would try to help but then he would go on a tangent of how he confessed to Kit and Ming would just drown him out because he didn't want to hear that again. Suthee and Park were helpful if you counted Park always insisting Wayo felt the same and Suthee just nodding as helpful. See, Wayo was the only friend he could count on.

He wanted to confess today, but he was scared. He was scared but he was too tired of dreaming of Wayo's lips and not doing anything about it. So today was the day! Hopefully.

//.//

Ming decided his friends hated him when all four med students begged them to come to their faculty fundraiser that night. The night Ming was going to kiss Yo senseless and confess his feelings. Well, maybe he could still do it at the faculty fundraiser. Wayo would probably think it was cute.

"It's circus themed, to prove we aren't 'clowning around about our careers' which dumb because why would we have clowns if we aren't clowning around?" Kit ranted and Ming decided that he hated everything. A fucking circus? That is the least romantic place a person can confess. He couldn't do it today, but if he didn't he never would.

"Kit, shut up." Beam scolded Kit and Ming zoned back into the conversation. Wayo was sat next to him, like always. He was across from Pha and even though Ming knew that the feelings his best friend once had for the previous Campus Moon was gone he always felt insecure. He didn't look anything like Phana. He is the current Campus Moon but did that even mean anything to Yo? He could never compare to the older guy. He could never compare to Forth who was extremely handsome. Wayo would never like him.

"We really need the money for supplies so please, please come!" Suthee pouted and Park immediately melted, nodding his head like an obedient puppy. Ming held back a scoff at how far gone Park was for his vampy boyfriend. Suthee was the only vampire in their group, but he wasn't the only supernatural person. Kit and Forth were elementals, Forth being fire and Kit being water. The two were complete opposites but they were made for each other. It was gross to see them all lovey. Like right now, Kit was sitting in Forth's lap like they weren't in the med faculty cafeteria. It was gross, but Ming was happy for them. He would probably be happier if Wayo was sitting on his lap.

Come to think of it, Wayo and Ming were the only single ones in the group. Phana and Beam were a fresh couple that was still awkward with one another, Kit and Forth had been dating for almost a year, and Suthee and Park were stuck in the honeymoon phase.

Ming really needed to confess.