Chapter 6

Goodbye or bye

I woke up because of the sunlight. It's hot today. I stood up and saw father texting someone.

I ignored him for now. But I just noticed....... I'm in a hospital room. Why am I here!?

Dad looked at me. "You're awake?"he asked. I nodded. "By the way, why is your friend leaving today. He just text me if you're awake though?"he said while checking my forehead.

I saw some fever medicine beside me. What the hell is happening? Mom died last night. Wait!

Did dad said my friend is leaving today? Did he meant Jahrid? What the hell today is?

"Your mother has left....... So am I, I will leave you here for five years. Get yourself together because I'm not there to comfort you for now"

I widen my eyes at the realization. I had fever for three days and I slept and today he is leaving!?

I suddenly remembered what happened three days ago. Get myself together.

I want to see Jahrid one last time. "I'll go out for a bit dad"I said while taking my jacket to go to airport. His flight is noon.

It's 11:40

No please just let me see him once. I went to the parking lot and opened dad's car. He's forgetful when it comes to lock his car. I'm lucky though.

I speed up to the airport. It's not that far from here but it would take some minutes.

Dammit! I should really be fast now but if Jahrid is here he'll probably shout at me.

I arrived at the airport. I saw the schedule. The Kochenia is checking in now he'll probably been checking in.

But I didn't know where that is. Please....... Just please........ I'll never cry because of someone while he's not here again.

Just........... Let me tell him that I truly promise that. I loved him. I just need a quick time for him.

"Euphiemia?"

That voice. I looked beside and saw a big board says 'Kochenia Check-In'. I smiled and ran to him. He walked a bit towards me.

I hugged him. "You'll come back right? Jahrid?"I asked. I looked at him. He looks flustered because of my hug. This isn't time for that!

"Yeah, I will........ I told you I'll wait for you. Is your fever gone?"he asked. I nodded while smiling stopping myself to cry.

I pulled myself together just like what he said.

"You'll be fine, Euphiemia"he said while messing my hair. I pouted. "I will, take care"I said while I heard someone calling his name. It's a girl.

I suddenly felt jealous of the girl. Jahrid is handsome, smart and have a great attitude.

"Goodbye"he said. I shook my head. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Not goodbye"I said while pouting. He smiled.

"And why is that?"he asked. "Goodbye means they're out of your life"I said while looking at the floor.

"Well then......bye"he said while raising my head using his hands to my cheeks.

I felt my cheeks really hot. I can feel my heart beat at my stomach. No butterflies in my stomach.

I nodded. "B-bye"I said. He took a sigh. He gave me his scarf. "Take care"he said. I let go of his hug and waved bye to him.

"Come now, Jahrid!"he turned to the girl who called him. He nodded. "Wait for me"he said then ran to the other volunteers.

It's......... Heart broking to see him leave. But it doesn't mean he's not my friend anymore.

*sigh*

Before he could go out. He took a glance on me.

He's........hurt

My baby is hurt. I don't mind the reason of that. I know every eye he could give to everyone.

I can't believe I'm in love Jahrid Haniego. My friend. There weren't no time that he wasn't there for me. He's always beside me when we graduated highschool.

I just thought it now that she likes another woman.

It tore me. I wonder who is that girl. I think she's from Chong Hua because he always visit there. But........

The way he's offering me to my mother was good though. But if he really go there to see the one he likes. It angers me.

He should go himself why does he need to use me and my mother as an excuse. That jerk.

But I can't even hate him.

I decided to go back to the hospital and talked with my relatives about my mom's funeral.

"Well set up for the payment"my mommy said. My father nodded. "I will take care of the hospital bills"my father said.

I'm still anxious what happened three days ago and just now that Jahrid has left me.

"Euphiemia, help your dad to pah the bills too"my tito said while putting his hands in my shoulder. I smiled and nodded.

"Don't try too hard. You're working in the hospital just good, Euphie"my dad said causing me to soften a little.

Just like how Jahrid is taking care of me. After their meeting, my doctor ordered me to rest a bit and dad followed me.

I sat on my bed. "By the way, your friend really is worried about you,no?"he said. Did he say that to himself.

"What do you mean, father?"I asked while arranging my pillows. "The days when you we're unconscious he always stay up night and sleep at morning"he said. I sighed.

"He's just a friend dad, he's just caring"I said. I didn't look at him. It's too awkward. "Stop with 'just' he's worried of course"he said.

I bit my lip. "He is just worried because he's caring....... To his friend" I emphasised every word.

I ignored the last thing I've said. That was horrible to me. Yeah, he's just caring because he's a doctor and my friends.

That's all. I lied down in my bed and hide under my blanket. That's why I haven't believed love in first place.

Maybe I should give up on him.

That's it! I agree with her. If she's that dumb maybe we should give up....... But I think to wait too. Hihihi

Written by: annexbunny