Chapter 9

New Year

Jahrid's POV

"You okay, Jahrid?"my stepsister asked me. I've been looking at Euphie's picture when she's a resident.

"I'm okay, Zeta"I said while dialing my brother's number. "You're going to call Jandrick"she asked. I nodded.

"It's not a bad thing though. Dad asked me to be the general surgery team A manager"I stated.

She nodded. "He made me to the team B"she said while rolling her eyes. I chuckled. I noticed my brother has answered now.

"How are you, Jandrick?"I asked. He sighed. "Still stuck being Ms. Matchmaker's assistant while you're not here"he said.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion. "Ms. Matchmaker?"I asked while chuckling. "Yeah, and it looks like she made me awkward because of her words"he stated.

"You mean you got awkward with your crush there because of so-called Matchmaker?"I asked. He chuckled.

"Don't call her so-called, she's not an easy person. At the morning she even stepped on my foot because I don't want to eat late lunch again. She isn't even afraid that I'm the president's son"he said while whispering.

I chuckled. I suddenly remember Euphiemia. "She might be someone humiliating when I get back there"I said.

One year left. One year.

"She really is. Euphiemia is kinda crazy when it comes to focusing work. That's why I'm very lucky to have her as a friend"

My hands trembled as soon as I heard Euphiemia's name. What the hell!?

"Are you saying Euphiemia?"I asked. I wasn't sure of it. "Yeah, she's called Ms. Matchmaker, a while ago she even made some two students flutter their heart"he chuckled to his own statement.

I clenched my fist. Looks like she had nice time, eh? I wonder if she forgot me that girl has bad memories she even dared to memorize a surgery procedures.

I hung up. This is the first time I hung up first before my brother.

**************

Euphiemia's POV

"It's 6:00PM and it's gonna be a new year"Jandrick mumbled. I laughed. "But we have night shift today"I said.

Jandrick and Alisa widen their eyes. "Oh right, I forgot to tell you, Jandrick"Alisa made peace sign. Jandrick sighed.

He can't hurt the one he loves. "So we will celebrate here?"I suggested. Jandrick's face lit up.

I chuckled. "I have something to celebrate too"Jandrick said. I raised an eyebrow. "I won't be your assistant anymore. It's been five years he will return next week"he stated.

I don't know why my heart beats change if he mention his brother anytime.

"I'll buy some snacks for us to celebrate later"Alisa suggested. I nodded. "I'll go with you"I said. Jandrick agreed  too.

"I'll buy some toy trumpets and fountains"he said while playing his eyebrows. "I'll take care of designs"I said. We all nodded and went out of the hospital.

We went to the nearest convenience store. Jandrick bought toy trumpets and one fountain.

"But Jandrick, where are we going to display the fountain"I asked. "On the roof top of the hospital"he said.

After that we ate some chips and waited until midnight. "The sky is beautiful"I said while pointing. "It will always be"Alisa agreed.

I notice Jandrick didn't say anything. I saw him filming us. "What are you doing?"I said while looking at the camera.

"I'll send this to my brother so he will get jealous me having great time with you guys while he was going to Kochenia stupidly volunteer"he stated.

Kochenia.......?

I just chuckled and looked at my watch. "It's almost midnight!"I shouted. And get ready with the things in here.

"Can't you just stop filming, you shouldn't discriminate your brother"I said while smiling. Jandrick shook his head.

I narrowed my eyes and stepped on his foot again. "Ow!"he shouted. I laughed. "If you keep filming just help your crush"I whispered to the camera.

"Are saying that to the camera or what?"he asked innocently. "Okay I will tell Alisa"I teased going to Alisa to tell her.

He grabbed my arm. "Fine fine, I'll help her"he said while lending the camera. I didn't even know that he's gonna lend me this.

"Why the hell did he discriminate his brother that is just working hard?" I mumbled not minding the camera.

I looked around the screen. I widen my eyes from what I saw. Shit, it's live. And it's going to Kochenia.

Jahrid's POV

Why....... Are they........ Wait why is Euphie with them? Maybe had night shift. My hands trembled seeing her in the phone. I shouldn't have received the live new year of this creep.

"Can't you just stop filming, you shouldn't discriminate your brother"she said to Jandrick who is holding the camera.

Seeing her smile. Like this. Without me. I think she really did my promise to her. She's still feisty to anyone as ever. Never thinking her status.

"Why the hell did he discriminate his brother that is just working hard?"she mumbled.

She's dumb really. I laughed. "Oh no! It's live"she mumbled again. And ran to the others. I can't believe that I'm seeing her happy this time new year.

"Is the preparation ready? We got one minute left"she said while turning the camera around. Did she make me dizzy or the camera!?

I laughed at my own. "Is something wrong there"Zeta asked in the other room. "Nothing"I answered.

Minute later, I heard some fireworks outside and in the phone too. "Wow it's nice"I heard Euphiemia said.

"It's not"Jandrick disagreed. "It is, right? Euphie?"Alisa said. I know her because she's a resident at Chong Hua five years ago.

"Yeah romantic"she said while turning the camera to Alisa and Jandrick. I guess they like each other. "You two are really lucky to have each other while watching fireworks"she said. They furrowed their eyebrows.

"Isn't it romantic to see fireworks with the person you love?"

Even thought it's dark it's still clear that they both blushed.

She really is a matchmaker. My baby. You are good.

I wonder how far will their love go. Ms. Matchmaker!!!

(Yes?)

Damn it! I thought a little being Jandrick the one will end up together with Euphie instead of Jahrid. But I don't want to betray my plan.

(That's your problem)

Shut it!!

Written by: annexbunny