Chapter 40

Acceptance

I widen my eyes as I soon I heard that. The fuck!? What will I do?

Flashback****minutes ago****

I was about to go to the President's room to ask for my day off today. A voice caught my attention. Familiar.

"Happy birthday, Zatie—"

"Shut the fuck up, Lynch"

Tsk, damn. Did they fought again with that? I'm accepting it.....slowly.

"Dad, please, stop this"

My breathing hitched as soon as I heard Darius' voice. "Oh, who do you mean, Darius?"Lynch voice asked. Silence is upon them.

It might be hard for Darius to be like this. He's my long lost brother. And, he saved me before.

"I had news, Zatielle. I wished you for your birthday now it will turn to a chaotic news"

Chaotic? A bad news?

"Just tell me, Lynch"Dad said while cursing after he said that. I heard Darius sighed. Damn!

"The great Chairman Zanelo Saleil Arcadejas is coming here tomorrow"

What. The. Fuck!? And tomorrow!? What the hell?

"And not the end, Zatielle...... I heard your daughter is dating this freak's son"

I know who he meant that Freak! And since when did Lynch know? Did Darius told him?

"I have no right, Lynch"

What?

"What?"Lynch echoed my thought. Dad chuckled. "I don't care whom she loves, Lynch. As long she trusts that man and they loved each other"

***********

My tears fell as I heard that from Dad. I know he had a lot to learn but him being a son from a mistress(which I don't know which Grandfather loved).

That is already enough of all enough. And, I'm thankful for Mom knowing his past and accepting him.

I smiled as tears fell continuously. Is it my turn to accept to? But what will happen in the future? Tomorrow?

I was about to turn and walked away. But a voice echoed. "Euphiemia?"Dad? Shit!

I walked fast but he grabbed my arm. "Darling please, let's talk"he begged. I smiled as I remembered what he said earlier. He is the best man.

"Dad.... I.... I'm sorry to trouble you this much..... But I really—"

"I know Darling, that's why I need you to go to him now"he said simply while smiling.

"I know it in the first place. The way you two used to be friends"he said and my tears fell when I also saw my brother cried, too. Damn, he's such a gay.

I smiled. "The way, you hid in the darkness when he wasn't there anymore"he looked at Lynch, who looked at me with serious eyes. I bit my lip.

"I'll gave her a path, too, Lynch"he said to Lynch. I know Da had also experienced darkness, Mom wasn't here anymore and my brother was away for years.

I looked away as I sobbed. I widen my eyes as I saw the man, whom I loved the most smiling at me, proudly.

Are you proud of me, baby? "Now now, they had something to talk"Lynch suggested in a calm voice. Lynch.....

He is also a great man for me. He managed to risk his pride to just please his father. He even risked my Dad's anger when he took my brother just to make Dad to be convinced to come back. . . To the Arcadejas family.

Many had sacrificed. Many is accepting it. And today, I'll fight for my love for him. I'll use my love for him as a shield and a weapon.

My cold cheeks melted when his warm hands touched it. "Baby, are you fine?"Jahrid asked. I sobbed and hugged him.

Jahrid's POV

I'm proud for her already. She fights her PTSD, and now..... Hmm, she fights for us. I smiled when she hugged me.

"You're not alone, Euphie. Let me be the strength"

And your strongest weapon. I kissed her forehead and she hugged me tightly. I chuckled.

I can't believe this is happening to me. This is a miracle. A miracle that made me a man for her only.

I will cherish her until I die. 'Till death do us apart. Well..... No, I still can see you in the afterlife and after that.

"But how could I convince Grandpa for that, Jahrid?"she asked worried. Oh, your opinion is only my concern.

"We shouldn't care about that filthy old man"I joked. She smacked my chest. I chuckled.

"Don't call my grandpa like that"she defensed. Oh, I really like... No, I love to tease her.

"Yeah, baby"I answered. I wonder the things we'll do in the future. I really want to be with her. But not just the future.

I'm always jealous before when  we're highschool, boys will court her. I told her to be innocent then when I was gone, she's back to her highschool bitchy self again.

I want to be with her in the present. Sure thing, that is important. I'm accepting this. Her flaws, weaknesses and everything that makes her.

I love everything around me since this happened. I guess, I am made for her. Him didn't just gave me to anyone but the one who deserves us, right?

You'll know it, when you look at their eyes, you can see yourself. You can see her weakness and your weakness joined.

The times when she cried on her Mom's death, I saw myself in it. I saw myself that anyone can be sad, not just me.

That is all we think. We think we aren't enough but there are a lot of people who think that they want to die.

I'm lucky. I'm very lucky to have a woman like her. If He, the one, wants me to be her strength, her everything, then. . . .

I'll accept it.

Woahhhh, I can't believe, I'm in chapter 40 already. Err, I think this is just 45-50 chapters, I think?

Written by: annexbunny