Chapter 10

Dirt or dirty?

After watching the fireworks. Jandrick took his phone and video called someone. It took seconds for that person to answer.

"What are you doing a while ago, Euphie?"Alisa elbowed me causing to turn to her. Oh, she means the firework thingy.

"Nothing it's just a fact"I said while smiling at the sky. "I bet it was Ms. Matchmaker"she said.

I didn't answer her and just looked at the sky. The wind blew so hard suddenly that some dirt went into my right eye.

I rubbed it a bit. And turned to Jandrick so loud talking to someone. "Can you lower your voice? It's so fucking loud!"I said while rubbing my eyes.

"Damn, now you talked dirty right now"Jandrick said. It still stings. "Just let her be Jandrick. By the way, I didn't know doctor like you talk dirty better shut your mouth"I heard someone said.

Probably the one who called Jandrick. "Did you just scold me!?"I asked while I blinked my eye again and again.

I saw a bit that Jandrick turned his phone to me. No one said anything now. "Urgh, damned dirts"I mumbled.

I heard the man who called cleared his throat..... I mean video called.

"I'll blow it for you. Your eyes is red and crying"Alisa chuckled. I scoffed. "Really? I'm crying? I suppose it's been years since I cried so badly"I stated.

"You mean five years ago when your mom died?"Alisa asked while blowing the dirt out of my eyes. I nodded.

"Damn!"Alisa shouted.

I cried again.

Jahrid's POV

I didn't know she's suffering like this. Jandrick told me that she had PTSD. She didn't want the guardians of the patient to wait outside of the OR.

Because of the trauma of her mother. She slowed a bit and stopped crying but still sobbing.

"And I promised to not cry again for such a damned friend"Euphie said. She really talks dirty now.

"You had such a promise in your sleeve, huh?"I heard Jandrick said. Euphie smiled....... Weakly.

Oh god! I think I'm guilty because of my promise. "I'm waiting for my friend whom I kept my promise to. If he returns I want to cry in his arms endlessly"Euphie said.

I will let you my baby. Wait, I guess you didn't remember me but I will still comfort you.

"Such sad"Jandrick said heartedly. I scoffed a bit. "I really had such destiny, eh?"Euphie said while smiled..... A real one for now. I smiled, too.

"Really? Where the hell did you get that freaking word?"Jandrick asked. Euphie can't still look at the phone that Jandrick turned to her because of her tears. 

"I'm a matchmaker you know"she said then winked.

I felt like I'm blushing. Damn she's really cute. I turned away to laugh but before I could stop myself and turn to the phone again. Jandricl caught me laughing and smiling.

He raised an eyebrow and smiled teasingly. "For five years everytime I call you. It's the first time you laughed like that"he said. The girls still comforting each other so I don't mind.

"What do you mean?"I asked innocently. He twitched his lips. "I'll go to the point. What I meant was........ You laughed and smiled like a crazy person......."he turned the camera to himself. "Because of a girl"he whispered.

I'm frozen in here. I need to do something. I look for excuses to not answer his statement. "Is that so?"I asked innocently while looking at some records.

"Really, huh? I know you bro. When you're embarrassed you'll find some excuses.... Suddenly"he said while changing his voice at 'suddenly' it sounded like he's teasing me.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to sleep now. I woke up because of your stupid live new year"I said then hung up on the video call.

I lay down myself on the bed. It all happened in a new year. Seeing her smile and cry...... And winked. Dammit! She's really cute. With some bangs on her hair it seemed really cute.

But she had PTSD. I'm worried about that. I called my dad. Then seconds later, he answered.

"How are you in the Kochenia with your sister, Jahrid?"he asked first. Probably this is the first time I called him first and he's damned happy.

"Zeta is sleeping and I want to ask something"I requested. I heard him nodded. "Did you know the Doctor named Jamaica Euphie?"I asked innocently.

"Oh, the assistant manager of general surgery team A?"he asked. I widen my eyes. She's.......my assistant!?

I bit my lip from happiness. And decided to continue. "I heard she  has PTSD"I said. I heard him sighed. "She's my favorite doctor and I heard what happened to her mother so I just consider her here"he said.

My heart really beats fast when he said she is her favorite doctor. You know what I mean, right?

"Okay that's all, Dad"I said and I heard him saying bye and hung up. I took my pillow and buried my face in it.

I really can't believe this! She's my assistant! And she is dad's favorite doctor. I scoffed at myself. I think I'll explode.

I really can't believe it. I looked at the live video again. I saved it in my phone a while ago.

Her damned winks! I think she changed a bit because of her nickname.

"I'm a matchmaker you know"

Damn her winks! Now I don't want to let go of her. I really mind this if this is all coincidence. Us being classmate at highschool then became friends then I liked her.

And had the same dream and same desired workplace. And........ I left her. Then I'm going back now. And she's my assistant. And dad's favorite doctor? Really?

Is this all coincidence? I don't mind if it's destiny though.

"I really had such destiny, eh?"

Dammit, now I'm affected in her words!

Really? Destiny and fates? Did you believe that? I only believe in them when something good happen and thought 'this is my destiny'. Hihihi.

Written by: annexbunny