Chapter 20

The distance

Jahrid's POV

It's been a day since Euphie fainted. Her father hasn't visited for now. I just came from a surgery and went to her room.

I opened and closed the door carefully. Just by looking at her, it made me felt relieved for all my life but she's still suffering.

I went to a chair near to her and held her hand. I was hoping a bit that she will remember me but from her condition. I think it's not for now.

I also want to see her eyes now but it seemed suspicious. She should be awake for now but no sign from opening her eyes.

I gripped her hand tightly. Hmm, since I came back but many unexpected changes. I think we also had. . . .

Unexpected distance, Euphiemia.

I smiled at the thought. Distance can be close or far. I don't mind it, that's why I smiled.

************

Jandrick's POV

"Let's go"

My heart accelerated as if I saw a ghost. Shit, this girl really is a pain in the ass. "Where?"I asked. Alisa pouted. Since I confessed to her still no changes but she became more clingy.

Eyy, I don't know anymore she just ran away when I confessed. Haha, tell and run.

"Hey!"she said. My attention quickly went to her. "Let's visit Euphie now"she said then grabbed my arm.

Shit this electrifying feeling. I just followed her and she ordered some food and drinks.

"Tsk, there is some patient lying on the bed and you think about ordering? You should go to the cafeteria instead in of a patient's room"I muttered while looking away. She suddenly hit my back.

I coughed at the sudden move. Shit! "What the hell!?"I asked loudly. She stared at me coldly while raising her eyebrow.

"That is my point stupid dupid!"she growled at me while grabbing the knob. I rolled my eyes. Even I had a crush on her, I still can't help get mad at her but I hate violence.

I saw Euphiemia sleeping and Jahrid at the chair. Reading some novels and books. "What are you doing?"I asked. And I'm sure my anger is evident.

He furrowed his eyebrow a bit. Then Alisa suddenly hit me again. "Ouch! What was that for!?"I growled. She scoffed.

"Seriously, Jandrick? Of course he's here for the patient"she said while glaring at me. Tsk, if only you knew that this bastard is Euphie's stupid friend.

Just in time, the food arrived. She ordered two box of pizzas and a soda. "She's been unconscious for a day now"Alisa said while putting her hand to Euphie's forehead.

"Her PTSD must have striked bad and triggered her nerves"I muttered while chewing the pizza. "I hope there is something or someone who can stop her being like this"she said.

I can't help but look at Jahrid whose looking at me, too. I scoffed at his reaction silently.

I heard Alisa sighed and sat at the other chair. "Besides, is Euphiemia that affected of her mom and. . . Her friend who left her?"she muttered while drinking soda.

Jahrid's expression changed. I ignored it. "You always say that everytime she fainted"I said calmly. She glared at me.

"So what!? I'm just worried. While you are worried eating"she said. Jahrid is just looking at us while his eyebrow is raising.

"I'll go now"I said going to the door but Alisa immediately blocked it. "You're not going anywhere"she said coldly.

I stepped back a bit. Time to do my hobby. I haven't done this in busy days. "Don't even think about that"she said noticing my face of my plan.

"You said I'm not going anywhere.... Besides your heart, right"I teased and she widen her eyes. I used the chance to run to the window.

"This is the second floor and you will jump!?"she said and followed me. I smirked and jumped. I fell on some bushes.

"Besides, the east side of the hospital is the garden!"I shouted. She gestured some knife in her hand and slashed it to her neck.

Oh shit!. "You'll gonna die later. And this thing is new. . . Eat and run"she said coldly.

I really can't help but think it.

You'll gonna die later.

One thing lingered in my mind.

I'm doomed! Shit!

Euphie's POV

It's done. Finally the first day of school. I went to the stairs and I tripped over and my knees got hit by a rock.

"Oh no. Shit"I muttered. Really, am I this kind of bad luck!? Tsk, damn it!

My knees is bleeding a bit. "Kinda bad day, huh?"someone asked. I turned to it. Oh, it's my new classmate. He just transfered here. Or not? I just heard he didn't took a sophomore class two years.

Yeah, he's two years older than me now it's like we're same age. He went near to me. "I'll just grab a kit, wait here"he said. I just blinked and nodded.

But before he could go I saw a shadow in the upstairs where I fell a while ago and saw a guy.

But he suddenly dissappeared. Now what!? A ghost appeared!? Hah! What's next a zombie!?

I saw the guy who got the kit walked towards me. He sat in a stair and treated my wounds.

"You're Euphiemia, right?"he asked. I flinched a bit in the medicine. "Shit, it stings"I said while closing my eyes tightly.

He chuckled. "Some bad ass girl is my classmate, huh? Better shut your mouth"he said. I can't say anything now because it really stings right now.

"You're the new classmate, right? I think Jahred?"I said. He furrowed his eyebrow. "It's Jahrid"he said then walked away.

Another guy went near to me, too. Oh, it's just my friend. And I noticed maybe he's that shadow a while ago.

"Kinda bad luck and good luck to you, huh?"he asked. I raised an eyebrow. He smirked. "I mean he treated you"he said. I rolled my eyes. "Just shut up, Darius. I'm going to thank him"I said.

He nodded. "Yeah right, you should be"he snickered.

Written by: annexbunny