Chapter 17: Mission Accomplished

Kisaru's P.O.V

"Then what do you worry about, child?" Kotsu-sama asked with his deep yet calm voice. 

"Ah! Uh... I was just wondering if it would be okay with you if I were to sleep on you..." Neji said, looking down with a blush on his face. 

"You need not to fear me, child. I know that you are an important person to little Kisaru here. You need not to be ashamed either. It is fine with me if you sleep on me." he said. 'L-l-l-little...?' I thought with an anime sweat drop. Neji hesitated but he sat down beside me anyway. I snuggled in Kotsu-sama's large and puffy mane as we all slowly drifted off to sleep.

*~THE NEXT MORNING~*

Neji's P.O.V

I open my heavy eye lids to see Kisaru snug in Kotsu-sama's large puffy mane. Then, I notice Kotsu-sama looking at me with a smile. 

"She looks like a little kitten..." I whisper loud enough for him to hear. 

"She's always like that. She grew up around lions when she was younger. Her brother grew up around bears and her sister grew up around tigers. And for some odd reason, they all act like a cub of the animal they summon. And to Kisaru, I am her next father." he explained. I chuckled. 

"I see that you and Kisaru are pretty close. Did she finally let her feelings show?" he asked. 

"Not really. She still has her guard up. Sometimes, she may be wanting attention but deep down, she is hesitant." I told him. 

"You shouldn't blame her, child. She had a very harsh childhood. Her parents hated her along with her siblings. I remember when she would come running to me with bruises all over her body. Miyu and I nurtured her and her siblings whenever they needed it." he said as he looked at Kisaru with fatherly love in his eyes. 

"It's best to leave her be for now. Things like these are not to be rushed." he said as he shifted his eyes back to me. 

"Yes, Kotsu-sama. I will try my best to be patient to her." I told him. Then, I saw Kisaru twitch. She stretched then yawned like a cat. 

"Good morning, my little kitten," said Kotsu-sama. 

"Good morning, papa..." she purred. 

"I'm glad that you have found someone to love, Kisaru," he said. She turned around to face me and smiled sympathetically. I stood up and helped her stand. 

"Looks like you can use your legs again," I said to her. 

"Hm... Looks like it," she said as she looked at her feet. 

"Alright, let's head back to the village immediately," she strictly commanded. the other lions got up while carefully placing the sleeping girls on their backs. And once we were all set, we headed back to the sand village.

*~THREE DAYS LATER~*

Kisaru's P.O.V

Neji and I successfully completed our mission and finally earned our day off. And obviously, he spends the day training. Lee and Tenten are on missions, Hinata's on a mission, Ino has her shop to run, Sakura's helping in the hospital, Chouji's eating, Shikamaru hates me because I'm so awesome in shogi, Shino's collecting bugs, Kiba's training with his mom and sister, Naruto's training with Kakashi, my brother and sister are on missions. So after multiple attempts to bug someone else, I decided to go train with Neji. And once I get to the Hyuga's training ground, I already see Neji all sweaty while fighting another Hyuga member. I just inconspicuously and watch him spar. Then, the other Hyuga guy noticed me as he delivered a final blow at Neji. The force was so great the it blew both of them apart.

"Hey, Neji, I think your girlfriend's here to see yah." the guy said. Neji turned his head and his gaze met mine. I smiled and just waved at him.

"Let's take a break, Karatsu," Neji said as he walked over to me. The Karastu guy smirked and followed after him.

"Sorry, did I disturb you, Neji?" I asked him as he sat down beside me and began to wipe off his sweat with the towel that one of the house keepers gave me.

"No, not really," he said.

"Hehe! You're lucky, Neji! Not only do you have a good eye for a fight but also a good eye for choosing girls! " said the Karastu guy with a big grin.

"Shut up, Karatsu." Neji said, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Hehe! Well, see yah, Neji! I still have to help my little brother in his training, I promised him." he said.

"Alright, just tell me when you need another training partner," said Neji.

"Oh but wait! Can I get your name, miss?" Karatsu asked me.

"Her name's Kisaru Susho. She's also an ANBU captain" Neji answered for me.

"WOAH! SHE'S EVEN AN ANBU CAPTAIN!! Nice, Neji! Well, see yah guy around next time!" he said as he ran off somewhere. I giggled and looked at Neji.

"So what are you here for?" he asked me.

"I'm bored..." I said as I scratched my head like and idiot with a weird smile.

"How about we go on a date after I shower?" he asked me with a sweet smile on his face.

"Sure!" I replied happily.

We walked over to his house then he took a shower as I waited in the living room. I looked around and I saw a photo album mixed with a few other books. I grab it and once I open the cover, the very first, and the only, picture on the entire page was a picture of Neji and a man that looked exactly like Hiashi-sama. I flip through more of the pages to find all sorts of pictures with Neji as he grew up. He looked really cute with his big, clear, pearl-like eyes with his pink little cheeks. But when I flipped to the last page, the was a ripped picture of Neji, Hinata, Hiashi-sama and another man who seems to be Hiashi-sama's twin.