Chapter 35: Only An Accident

(Hey guys, /this chapter is kind of like a special so it may be longer than usual but I have something BIG in store for you guys... ^_^)

Neji's P.O.V

I did it... I confessed to her. I didn't flinch or blush I just stared into her eyes, waiting for her reaction. She stayed shocked for a moment but then, she stood up with her eyes closed and her hands clasped. I stood up in front of her and stayed close.

"I'm sorry, Neji but I really have no plan of falling in love. And I can't think of you anywhere near being my lover, you're just my friend. I'm sorry but I have no patience for hearts and flowers. I hope you understand." she said with a small compassionate smile. A sharp pain shot through my chest as her words echoed through my head.

'No... She should've remembered me... She should've remembered us...! Did I really make her regret meeting me that much...? What have I done...?'

She gave me a sympathetic hug then headed back to the inn. But she surprised me by turning around and smiling at me.

"Let's go back, Neji." she said with her usual happy tone. My heart trembled upon seeing her smiling face. If only I was sure that that smile was for me and only me. Like the time when I used to see that smile. If I want that smile to be mine and only mine, I have to keep going. I have to keep pursuing her... I have to become her one and only pursuer. I tried to smile then followed her back to the hot springs.

*~BACK AT THE HOT SPRINGS~*

"Where have you two been?" asked Nanami-san.

"I was out on a stroll with Neji up in to mountains." Kisaru said casually.

"Oh really?! What did you guys do there?" Nanami-san asked excitedly.

"Talk. Nothing much." Kisaru replied.

"Oh... Alright." Nanami-san said, a bit disappointed.

"Well, we'd better prepare out stuff tonight. We set off early tomorrow." said Gus-san. Kisaru, Nanami-san and Tenten went in the other room separated by a divider. Shortly after they left us three guys went to bed.

*~The Following Morning~*

"Hai, hai!!!!! Let's set out!!!!" Kisaru exclaimed happily while waving her hands up in the air.

"Geez, you seem extra giddy today, Kisaru. Did something happen?" asked Gus-san.

"Nah, I just can't wait to go home!!" she replied.

"Why? What's to look forward to at home? Usually, you always complain that there's nothing to do at home." said Nanami-san.

"There's a desserts-eating cometition at my favorite bakery and I wanna participate!!!" she said excitedly. Oh yeah... Kisaru loves sweets... I thought to myself.

"You'll let me participate, right Onii-sama?! After all, it was my birthday just a few weeks ago!!" she continued.

"Fine. Just don't blame me if you get fat." he said jokingly.

"I won't!! Geez..." she said as she pouted. After their discussion, we finally started walking back to Konoha. The trip was longer than I thought. Tenten kept clinging to me and Lee would stay close with Kisaru. I swear, if Lee even dares touch her...

"Geez, Neji... Are you even listening to me?" Tenten snapped me out of my daze.

"Oh... Sorry. What was that?" I asked her.

"What do you think we should do once we get home?" she asked.

"I'm busy." I said as I started to go faster so she'd leave me alone. She also quickened her pace then walked beside me.