Chapter 46: The End

Author's P.O.V

So the little Zetsu incident caused a riot around other units. Reports have been coming in of shinobis attacking their own comrades, which actually turned out to be a Zetsu. Although this problem is big enough, they still had to go to the battle flied. Kisaru had healed and headed out battling again, despite the doctors telling her to take it easy because of her asthma attacks. She just couldn't take it easy, I mean, who would, right? This is a war that depended on the ninjas who participated in this war. She obviously couldn't lie down and do nothing, no matter how much she wanted to rest.

By this time, the units were all scattered and mixed up with one another. Yes, that means she bumped into Neji. Thy stuck together as they covered each other's back in the battle field. But the Zetsus led her astray and a little bit far away from Neji. Hm... Why? Because they led her to a reanimated corpse. She was able to seal one previously but this one was different. He was closing in on her but she noticed something very peculiar...

"Hiashi... San...?" She wondered to herself and tried to figure out if Hiashi really was dead and got reanimated. He attacked her but she was able to evade fast enough. Then she noticed that he had the same marking that Neji has on his forehead. It was Hizashi, Neji's father!! He attacked again she evaded again. Kisaru had knowledge of fighting a Hyuga and that is to stay far away from them. She had developed her long-ranged techniques and was able to beat Neji but when it came down to close-range combat, she folded like a piece of paper. Neji taught her all the defensive techniques that she needed to know. However, this was Hizashi we're talking about. He's obviously more skilled than Neji in a way. He launched at her and she did the special Hyuga-like defense move that Neji had taught her. Hizashi widened his eyes in shock.

"Where did you learn that move?" he asked her, trying to close the gap between them so he could attack her.

"You're Neji's father, aren't you?" she asked him, trying widen the gap between them so he won't be able to attack.

"Yes. How do you know Neji?" he asked.

"I'm his... Girlfriend... We've been helping each other train and... Fill the gaps that were left in our hearts." she said hesitantly and evaded his attack. He was shocked yet at the same time glad yet at the same time uncomfortable, like how a normal loving parent would feel if he knew that his only son had a girlfriend. He struck a blow at her waist and she fell to the side. Obviously, by this time, Neji had noticed her fighting another opponent that wasn't a white zetsu. He was worried because he knew that the ninjas that were reanimated in this war were all legendary and could kill someone with utter ease. He tried checking out who was frighting against Kisa and saw that it was his own father!! He wanted to help her out but those dang zetsus kept interfering.

"I cannot control my actions, please forgive me..." he apologized. Kisa quickly stood up and evaded another attack. He hit her, hard. Sending her flying, unable to recover from the last attack that he blew on her. She coughed up blood and was on all fours as Hizashi walked closer to her to deliver the final blow. He roughly grabbed her throat and slowly tightened his grip on her.

"Please forgive me..." he said. She couldn't do anything but lightly clutch at Hizashi's wrist.

"Please... Pay no attention.... to me..." Kisaru grunted out, struggling to get air into her lungs.

"Thank you for looking out for my boy Neji... My only regret was leaving him at such a young age. But I'm glad he was still able to find someone to love him." Hizashi said, unable to loosen his grip on her.

"No, Hizashi-sama... I must be the one to thank you.... For letting me love your son... But please... Tell him that I'm sorry I had to leave him so soon... And that... I.... I...." His grip on her was getting tighter and tighter, preventing the air from entering her lungs. She gasped for air and clutched at Hizashi's wrist, tears flowing from her eyes as she took one last glimpse at the world and her life flashed before her.

"I love him.... Neji... Hyuga..."

Hizashi squeezed the life out of her and dropped her on the ground. She crumpled up into a fetal position, enduring the pain, trying to cling on to life as she had before. Hizashi couldn't bare the sight of having just killed his precious son's beloved. Hizashi ran off to another battle field, not wanting to harm anyone else.

"Kisaru!!!!!" Neji exclaimed, finishing off another Zetsu.

"Leave them to me, Neji-nii-san!! Go to Kisaru-chan!!" Hinata exclaimed as she kicked off the zetsus that were swarming around them. Neji nodded and ran as fast his feet could carry him. He got down on his knees, scared that if he held her, she might be in more pain. She mouthed his name and he carefully took her in his arms as his eyes began to sting and tears began to form.

"Kisaru..." he mumbled as he rested his forehead on her's. She was unable to say anything, she just summoned the last of her strength to clutch his sleeve. Neji's tear fell on her cheek. She cupped his cheek and brought him close as he brushed his rough lips on her's. He broke the kiss, pained remembering that this was their last. He took one last look at her face. She was trying to say something, but was unable to say it out loud because her airways have been crushed. He couldn't understand her so he brought his ear close to her mouth and listened.

"It's all right... I'm... Okay...."

She said ever so softly, it's as if her words have become a whisper of the wind itself. Neji really wasn't the one to cry but he did. Tears flowed from his eyes as he tried to hold her closer, not wanting her to leave him.

"Please don't leave me, Kisaru... Please..." Neji begged her. She smiled and flicked his forehead.

"I'll be fine..."

Neji didn't believe her. He knew that she was slowly slipping away, he wasn't stupid. He held her close and savored their last moments.

"I..."