Chapter 42: Depressed

(Alright, I'mma time skip to the part where Naruto was able to defeat Nagato and save the lives of the ninjas who died during the attack on Konoha.)

Author's P.O.V

"Hinata!!!" Sakura exclaimed as she saw Hinata looking half-dead down at the bottom of the gigantic crater which is now Konoha.

"You go attend to Hinata, I'll attend to Tsunade-sama!" I said. She nodded then jumped down. Then Gus and Nanami came to mother's need.

"She exhausted her stored up chakra and ended up like this..." Kisaru explained.

"How long do you think before she wakes up??" Gus asked.

"I honestly don't know but I just hope that it wouldn't take too long..." Nanami said.

"Well, for now, let's take her somewhere she can rest properly.

Some time has passed and the villagers have begun making repairs, creating basic structures like emergency rooms, food courts and even a Hokage's building where Tsunade can rest and ninjas store up supplies. There also have been rumors that Konoha will crumble without a hokage and the elders are already talking with the fedual lords on who'll be the next hokage. Kisaru on the other had was helping the citizens rebuild their lives, and she's been taking care of the children specifically so that the parents can rest easy and try to build some basic shelter.

"Kisaru-nee-chan, is it hard being a ninja??" A little girl asked her.

"Well... It can be hard from time to time but everything turns out fine if you have good intentions!" She said as she russled the little girl's hair. The girls giggled then looked at the guys then looked back at Kisaru.

"So is there someone to protect you at the battle field??" she giggled out.

"Oh no, it's every ninja for themselves. You can't be distracted by anything on a mission because a single insignificant mistake can cost the life of your comrade." she explained. The girls were kind of ashamed since they always dreamed of the guys protecting them from danger on a action-packed mission.

"But don't worry. You guys are still young. it's natural to have these kinds of dreams. But as you grow older, you will realize that you live to protect the ones you love the most." Kisaru said gently. The girls regained their cheerfulness and continued playing with Kisaru. But Kisaru didn't spend all her time with the girls, she also spent dome time with the guys, teaching them some basic taijutsu and playing some tag with them, and doing whatever it is little boys do with their youth .

Kisaru didn't stay long though, she was still the ANBU captain and help out with all the repairs and stock supplies that were being made. She said goodbye to the little children and went to check up on the stock houses that were being filled little by little.

Kisaru helped out with the transportation of the supplies and carefully checked each of them one by one. After, she went to the medical tents to help out with some of the injuries that were reported. Then, she helped out with the mission reports, village alerts and security systems, making sure that no one's trying to infiltrate Konoha while it was still getting on its feet. And lastly, she helped with the construction of a few buildings. Obviously, who wouldn't be pooped after a hard day of work like this. and to top it all off, while she was taking her break, she heard that Danzo has been made the sixth Hokage!!!!! She panicked and stopped everything that she was doing and headed straight to the place where Tsunade was resting.

"Shizume-chan, is it true that Danzo has been made Hokage?!?" She asked, and to her surprise, Gus and Nanami were already there looking shocked themselves.

"Unfortunately." said Shizume.

"But why?!" Kisaru exclaimed.

"Tsunade-sama has been relieved from her duties because she is unable to fulfill her duties and assigned responsibilities. And Danzo was the highest representative that was eligible to presume the hokage name." Shizume explained, disappointed.

"Why didn't you let Gus-nii or Nanami-nee take charge for a while?! Mother's not dead yet, she's still Hokage!!!" Kisaru exclaimed as she was trying to fight back the tears.

"We can't do anything now. It's been decided by the council and the feudal lord. Stop being such a child, Kisaru. Things can't always go the way you want." Gus said with anger in his voice. He was obviously not happy with this decision either but he hid it by taking initiative. Kisaru's tears fell and she ran out the door. Nanami wanted to correct Gus but he had a point too, but the decision has been made. Kisaru had to accept this sooner or later and a particular someone was going to help her.

Kisaru ran off to the forest and coincidentally, Neji was assigned to check the surroundings for security. Kisaru was on a branch on a really tall tree, hidden in the leaves... Crying. Neji sensed a chakra signature in the trees naturally, for security purposes, he checked it out. And to his surprise, it was Kisaru crying. But she quickly wiped her tears and held back the ones still flowing while trying not to make it obvious that she was crying.

"Do you need something...?" She slightly sobbed out as she sniffled and took sharp intakes of breath.

"I could ask you the same thing. Are you alright??" he asked her, afraid to go near her. She really wanted to be strong and hide what she was really feeling but she just couldn't help it she can't keep it together for so long. She just broke down into a puddle of Kisaru-colored depression, and of course holding it in while you're right in the middle of crying isn't very healthy. Her tears just kept coming and showed no sins of stopping anytime soon. Neji didn't know what to do, was he going to give her some privacy and leave...? Or, like... Sit down with her and comfort her...

WELL WE'LL FIND OUT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!