Chapter 34: Neji's Feelings

Neji's P.O.V

'Hm... Maybe I should go for a walk too...' I thought to myself. I got up then walked over to the door.

"Where are you going, Neji?" Tenten asked me.

"Out." I said plainly as I closed the door and made my way down the corridor. I passed by a lot of doors, trying to find the door leading outside. Then, after opening and closing a dozen doors, I finally found the exit to their backyard. I stepped outside then followed the pathway leading to the top. As I walk up the big hill, I cherish the moments by looking at the beautiful scenery that surrounds the pathway. The small sakura petals gently flutter down to the ground as the gentle night autumn breeze makes the trees sway, all of this illuminated by the small rays of moonlight. All of this reminds me of the times when Kisaru and I were still dating. She used to love taking long walks along the trees just outside of Konoha while she makes me play tag with her.

*~Flashback~*

I hear Kisaru giggle. "C'mon, Neji! Try to find me!!" her voice would echo through a small portion of the woods and I would try to find her with out using my byakugan. I would roam around, checking behind trees and bushes from time to time but I mostly just follow the sound of her voice. Then, after a while of not being able to find her, she just randomly jumps on me and tackles me to the ground.

"Geez, Neji, you suck at trying to find me!" she said while laughing.

"Why do you love hiding from me?" I asked her.

"Because I want you to know where I am, intimately." she said. I blushed then looked away.

*~End of Flashback~*

Geez, why'd I have to be so stupid? I made Kisaru sad enough to make her erase her memories of me. I drowned in my thoughts as I absent-mindedly walk through the minature forest.

"Find me. Come and find me." I heard Kisaru's voice. I snapped out of my daze and listened around for her voice.

"Won't someone come and find me? Say something, I'm giving up on you." She continued. My feet started moving on their own but I already knew where they were headed. I ran a bit faster, going through trees and passing by bushes. Then, I came across a magnificent cliff where it seemed like the moon was sitting right on the edge. And standing on that cliff was her, Kisaru, sakura petals and butterflies danced around her. She look magnificent. She turned her gave to me with those hypnotizing orbs she calls eyes.

"Oh. Hello, Neji. How nice of you to join me." She said with a small smile. I blushed then nodded.

"Are you feeling well, Neji? Your face is bright red." She pointed out.

"I-I'm fine... I just came from the baths... That's all..." I said.

"Well... Okay. Why don't you sit here, with me?" She said as she patted the space beside her. I nodded then sat beside her. My heart was thumping inside my chest and I had butterfiles inside my stomach. She keeps doing this to me but she doesn't even know it. I start to think about the way she makes me smile. Like pictures in my mind I hold them for a while. I'm thinking to myself, yes I'm a lucky man. I don't believe in fairytales but this time around I can. I start to think about the way she makes me laugh. There's no one else on earth that I could ever love. When I stop and look at her, my heart it starts to bloom. My legs and arms they crumble, when she walks into the room. Now I'm falling for her I hope she's falling for me. And I'm falling so hard that I am head over heels. And I hope she touches down before my feet hit the ground. I'm falling for her, I hope she's falling for me. I start a list of all my favorite things she does. Like the way her smile can light up any room she chooses. I love the way she looks at me and holds my hand. The things I couldn't do before when I'm with her I can. Now I'm falling for her I hope she's falling for me. And I'm falling so hard that I am head over heels. And I hope she touches down before my feet hit the ground. I'm falling for her, I hope she's falling. See she's got my grip and I can't let go, I'm falling hard and the whole world knows. The whole world's singing 'L-L -Love Love Love'. Well I'm standing here and I'll break her fall. And we'll scream and shout it out. Till the whole worlds singing 'L-L -Love Love Love', till the whole worlds singing 'L-L -Love Love Love'. They say you lose the spark in time well that's not true. I still get butterflies whenever I see her. I'm so relieved that she fell just as hard as me. Together we'll keep falling, and in love we'll always be.
(Song: "Falling for You" by Nick Howard)

Kisaru and I just sat there. I'm not sure if she felt anything while sitting beside me but I definitely couldn't stop my feelings from over flowing. I loved her and I'm not affraid to show it.

"Kisaru..."

"Yes, Neji?" She asked with a smile. I looked her straight in the eyes, which I think frightened her a bit.

"I love you, Kisaru." Her eyes widened.