01|MASQUERADE

timeline: masquerade

  Grayson stands in front of Damon with a wide, amused smile

Grayson stands in front of Damon with a wide, amused smile. He had asked her to come over, which the girl thought was ridiculous. She was at the Boarding House 99% of the day anyway. "You want me to what?" She questions through a small laugh.

Damon stares at her blankly. "I want you to go to the masquerade ball with me." He mumbles. Grayson could tell he was embarrassed that he had to ask, because well, of the obvious.

The girl leans forward and looks around if she were about to tell a huge secret. "You know I'm not into you, right?"

The vampire scowls. "Of course I know you're not into me."

"And you know I'm a thousand year old vampire that could kill you in a heartbeat, right?"

(A/N: She is not blood related to the Mikaelson's in any way, shape or form. I didn't know so many of you were assuming this story had incest in it, but it does not.)

"Grayson, why do you always have to threaten me with that?" He whines.

"I wasn't threatening you." She says defensively. "I was simply making the point that I'm too old to go to a masquerade ball."

The Salvatore laughs loudly, clutching his stomach as if he were in pain. "You-" he cuts himself off with another loud laugh. "Gray, have you ever even been to a ball?"

The vampire thinks back a thousand years and comes up with nothing, confusion coursing through her veins. This was a recurring problem with the Hunt girl. She couldn't remember much of her life. Everyone, she included, just brought it down to being how old she was.

"Not that I can remember." She shrugs.

"Oh, so nothing new." He murmurs, swiftly turning around and beginning to walk away when she gives him a deadly glare. She follows him out of the kitchen and into the parlor, her eyebrows shooting up when she sees Caroline Forbes sitting on the couch.

"Caroline." Grayson greets the young vampire.

"Grayson." The blonde says softly.

Damon fills up a glass of blood and hands it to the shaking girl. "Here."

"I'm still shaking." She expresses as she grabs it and quickly takes a sip.

Stefan walks into the parlor with his eyebrows drawn and his arms across his chest. "So what happened?" He asks.

"Go ahead." Damon instructs Caroline. "Tell them what happened."