11|THE HOUSE GUEST

Grayson lies sprawled out on one of the couches, a cup of coffee blanacing on the middle of her stomach. Her eyes briefly flick up when the front door opens but she keeps her attention on her book otherwise.

Elena flashes her a smile as she takes off her coat, "Good morning, Grayson. Damon,"

Damon looks up and stares for a few seconds, his face contorting with anger before he vamp-speeds to Elena and shoves her against the wall, his hand wrapped around her throat.

Grayson's wide eyes peek over the top of her book, her mind whirring with possibilities.

"What are you doing here?" Damon demands to know. "I told you to leave,"

"What is your problem?" Elena rasps, trying to pry his hands off.

"You're wearing her clothes?" Damon snaps. "Like that's going to work,"

Grayson closes her book and grabs her coffee, forcing herself into a sitting position.

"You think I'm Katherine?" Elena chokes out. "Why would you think that? Katherine's in the tomb!"

Grayson coughs awkwardly and Elena sayings at her, "Isn't she?"

Damon releases Elena, glancing at Stefan as the said vampire rushes into the room.

"What the hell's going on here?" He asks.

"I don't know, you tell me." Elena sighs, "Is Katherine in the tomb or not?"

Stefan doesn't waste time as he vamp-speeds back upstairs, leaving no time for the trio to scramble after him.

Grayson stumbles as she comes to a stop at Stefan's door, her eyes taking in the scene before her.

"What are you doing?!" Other Elena exclaims.

"How could you do this?!" Stefan yells, holding her against the wardrobe.

"Stefan, you're hurting me!"

Grayson bites the inside of her cheek, "I think—"

"Stop it, Katherine!" Stefan shouts, tightening his grip on Elena's throat.

"Stop what?" Katherine says from behind Grayson. The Hunt glances at Katherine from over her shoulder, their eyes boring into each other's before the Pierce breaks contact. "It's getting really easy being you,"

Grayson scoffs, shuffling further into Stefan's room along with Damon.

"What is she doing here?" Elena demands.

Grayson sits perched against Stefan's desk, her arms folded over her chest. "That's the million dollar question," she slowly glares at Damon.

The oldest Salvatore shifts under Grayson's gaze. "When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb."

"How's that possible?" Stefan asks.

"He's an Original," Katherine drawls. "They have all sorts of special skills."

"I don't want you here," Elena says. "Get her out of here."

Grayson nods in agreement, a grin pulling at her lips as she looks at Elena.

"You need me, Elena." Katherine rushes to speak. "You all do."

"Exclude me from that narrative, please." Grayson drones boredly.

"We all want the same thing...Klaus dead." Katherine says, side eyeing Grayson. "Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off."