03|KATERINA

' dopplebitch say what? '

Grayson blinked tiredly as she trudged down the stairs of the Salvatore Boarding House. She had been sleeping there since the Masquerade Ball, due to her irrational fear of being kidnapped like Elena.

"Grayson," Stefan began in surprise, "you're usually not awake before two in the afternoon."

She recoiled as soon as she heard the vampire's voice, her brown eyes widening in shock. "Dude," she placed a hand on her chest, "you can't just sneak up on me like that."

"I was standing at the bottom of the staircase." He deadpanned, his arms folded over his chest.

"Oh," she hummed, "carry on."

"Is that Grayson I hear?" Damon's voice floated through the room, his annoying grin accompanied by Elena Gilbert.

"God," she groaned in reply, "it's like you're surprised I'm even here."

Damon shrugged while Stefan greeted his girlfriend, her face full of confusion now putting Grayson slightly on edge.

"What is this about?" Elena questioned.

"Yeah," Grayson narrowed her eyes, "what did you two dumb-fuck's do this time?"

Footsteps hesitantly entered the room, an unfamiliar face greeting the Hunt cautiously.

"You." Elena said in an accusatory tone.

"Hold on," the brunette vampire held up a hand, "who the hell is this and why does Elena look like she's capable of murder right now?"

"This," Damon smiled nervously, "is Rose. Elena's abductor."

Grayson nodded for a long second before dragging herself into the living room and collapsing on one of the couches. "Okay," she waved at Rose, "fulfill the purpose of why you're here before you don't have one anymore."

"My God," Rose scoffed in amusement, "you haven't changed since the day I met you."

Grayson's demeanor immediately changed, her eyes darkening and her stance tensing. "Excuse me?" She asked, sitting up on the couch.

Rose stared at the girl for a moment before clearing her throat, "I must've mistaken you for someone else," she smiled tightly, "my apologies."

The Hunt girl rolled her eyes before slumping down again, staring at Rose with a blank expression.

"Okay," Rose began, "you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true."