06| BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

Grayson lays sprawled out across Elena's bed, smirking up at the two humans as they struggle to find a spot that's comfortable. Elena eventually gives up with a deep sigh and glances over at Bonnie, "Now that you've got this back, what are you gonna do with it?" She refers to the moonstone.

"Right now, it's what is binding the Sun and the Moon Curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless."

"And according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful."

Grayson rolls her eyes, "Katherine says a lot of things, Elena."

Bonnie nods, "it's also only if he finds out."

Elena gets up from her bed and paces the room in worry. "Bonnie, can't this wait? Stefan is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've got to get him out."

"Stefan wants me to focus on this,"

"Don't listen to him,"

"Um," Grayson sits up. "Do listen to him, little witch."

Bonnie sends her a playful glare before focusing back on a frustrated Elena Gilbert.

"He thinks that he's protecting me, but he's wrong,"

The Hunt girl's eyebrows furrow in slight irritation, "you only see what you choose to see, Elena. If Stefan didn't have your best interest, along with your family's best interest, he wouldn't have jumped into your brother's grave so fast."

Elena falls silent when Bonnie nods, "I'm taking Stefan and Grayson's side with this one. We're not gonna let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual."

Jeremy saunters into the room with raised eyebrows, distracting Elena as Bonnie takes the moonstone and shoves it in her purse. "What are you guys arguing about?"

"One Direction OTP's," Grayson blurts at the same time Bonnie tells him,

"We're not arguing about anything,"

The two girls glance at each other in disbelief, before Bonnie also gets up from the bed and gives the vampire a look, "I need a coffee."

"And I'm going to go raid your kitchen for food," Grayson informs the Gilbert's. Without waiting for their reply, the Hunt girl is following Bonnie Bennett into the kitchen.

"Do you think she'll take it?" Bonnie asks as she makes her coffee, glancing at Grayson who's actually looking through their refrigerator.

"She's a Gilbert," Grayson murmurs as she grabs a slice of Pizza. "Gilbert's are known for making stupid decisions."

Bonnie turns to the girl and raises her eyebrows, "and you know that, how?"

Grayson shrugs, "I remember some things."

The witch hums, "did you stay alone the whole time or do you think you had family?"

The Hunt girl purses her lips in thought, "everyone comes from somewhere. Why I can't remember where I come from, I don't know. Maybe- maybe it's better that way."

"Aren't you lonely? Don't you ever get tired of wondering?"

"I stopped wondering a long time ago," is the girls only response.