08|DADDY ISSUES

Grayson lounges on Damon's bed as the younger vampire takes a shower, her brown eyes trained on the television. "The authorities believe last night's assailant may also be related to the missing campers and park ranger who have yet to be found, as well as 25-year-old Jessica Cohen," the Hunt sends the Salvatore a pointed look. "-reported missing this morning. The sheriff's department says investigations are pending and no further comment will be made. In related news Mayor Lockwood spoke earlier today..." Damon wraps a towel around himself and stalks into the entrance of his room, his eyebrows drawn together as he glances at the news report.

"Feeling guilty?" Grayson sniffs, her head lolling to the side to aim her gaze.

Damon smiles wryly, "about what?" When the Hunt's lips only quirk up in response, the Salvatore scowls. "If you're already aware of the situation, why even ask?"

Grayson shrugs, "to see if you'll lie to me or not."

"Well," he strolls further into his room and toward his dresser. "I guess you got your answer, didn't you?"

"Guess I did," she hums.

·······

The Hunt girl couldn't care less. As she sits at Stefan's desk and paints her nails a dark red color, she tries her best to ignore the bickering Salvatore's in her vicinity.

"You brought back John Gilbert?" Damon asks his brother, an incredulous look on his face. 

This catches Grayson's attention, an annoyed grunt escaping her lips as she messes up her nail polish from the surprise. Her dark eyes glance toward Stefan and she shakes her head in disappointment. "I don't even have history with the man and even I know not to call him,"

Damon gives Stefan a look that says, 'even the girl who doesn't know John Gilbert, doesn't like John Gilbrrt'. "That was your big 'save Elena' move?"

Stefan sighs, his stance radiating irritation. "I went to go look for Isobel, and I get John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate."

Grayson's lips quirk upwards. "On a scale of one to ten, how desperate were we?"

Stefan squints at the older vampire. "Remember that fan fiction you showed me where Harry had never-"

"Okay," Grayson rushes to stop him. Her cheeks flush and she rolls her lips. "I get it,"

Damon makes a face, "We're not that desperate, Stefan."

"Aren't we, though?" The Hunt girl asks as she goes back to painting her nails.

Damon makes a noise from the back of his throat as he shoots Grayson a look, "The guy tried to barbecue me!"

Stefan huffs, "Damon, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed. Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah?"

Grayson looks up, "sort of." When the two brother's shoot her a look, she shrugs. "He doesn't seem like a man that betrays people much, you know?"

Damon nods sarcastically, "much."

Stefan puts his hands on his hips to make a point, "I don't trust him. He's an Original, he can't be trusted."

"Can you trust me?" Grayson questions snidely. "Elijah and I are essentially the same age, Stefan. So tell me, do you ever wonder if I'll kill you in your sleep, of if I'll plot against you one day?"

"Yes," Stefan replies bluntly.

Grayson stares at him for a second before kissing her teeth. "No objections,"