13|THE LAST DANCE

Grayson sits on the stone wall outside of the Boarding House, nursing a steaming cup of coffee— that Damon may have graced with a splash (or two) of Bourbon.

"You really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" The eldest Salvatore questions, his arms folded over his chest.

Grayson lets her head rest against the bricks, blinking lazily at the man when he shuffles closer to her. "She can try," she murmurs.

Stefan shoots the dark headed girl a scolding look, "she said she could channel enough witch's power to kill him." He pauses, "Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original, so..."

"So let me get this straight," Grayson arches an eyebrow, smirking when Damon mutters a you're not. "We're trusting the word of a man you all said we couldn't trust less than two weeks ago?"

Damon flashes her an upside down smile, "you're not wrong. We just need to find him,"

Grayson hums while Stefan nods in agreement, "Yeah."

"Could she do one of those witch tracking spells?"

"Nope," Stefan sighs.Not without something that belongs to Klaus. Believe me, I already asked."

"Do you think he killed her?"

Grayson snorts, letting her eyes slip closed as a nice breeze floats through the air. "Most definitely," she confirms. Their burning stares cause her to open her eyes, standing from the stone wall to stretch her legs. "Wouldn't you? I mean, from what she told us—she ruined his plans and has been running from his for 500 years. In my book, that deserves a little vengeance."

Stefan side eyes her, "that's sadistic coming from you."

"It's not like she didn't have it coming," Damon cocks his head to the side, a small smile playing at his lips.

The front door creaks open, Elena ushering the lawyer out with a tight smile. "Thank you, Mr. Henry."

Grayson lingers behind while Stefan and Damon move forward, her eyes watching with amusement as the barrier keeps them out.

"I'm sorry," Elena blinks. "I completely forgot." Her lips stretch into a cheeky smile, "Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?"

The Hunt girl rolls her eyes, downing the rest of her coffee and putting the cup on the stone wall. What a pesky human, she thinks to herself.

"I would love to," the youngest Salvatore plays along. "Thank you."

After Stefan passes through the threshold, Elena leans against the doorframe and gazes at Damon with smug, self-satisfied stare.

"What are we, twelve?" He scoffs.

"One of us is," she snarks. "If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?"

"You've been the owner for thirty seconds," Grayson reminds her, her eyes piercing. "Don't get too smug, Ms. Gilbert."

Elena purses her lips. "Damon," she huffs.

"No," he denies.

"Seriously, Damon." The human practically whines. "My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?"