07| THE DESCENT

Grayson silently sits beside Rose on the couch, the Hunt girl watching as the younger vampire's face crumbles. Both women glance up as Damon stalks into the room, Rose being the one to speak up. "I was born in 1450, that makes me 560 years old."

Damon smirks, "Well, if you were a bottle of wine..."

"So I can die. I've lived long enough." She informs him.

Grayson sighs, shaking her head. "It doesn't matter how long you've lived, Rose. If you're scared to die, you're scared to die. It's a natural instinct. Don't be embarrassed to admit it."

Damon huffs in irritation, "You know, if you two are gonna be morn, I'm just gonna kill you myself just to put me out of Rose's misery." He rips open a blood bag and pours it into the glass cup he brought for Rose. "Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite,"

"Just a little, fatal to a vampire werewolf bite." Rose grunts in pain.

Grayson sinks farther into the couch, bringing her arms up to fold them across her chest. "This sucks," she voices. "Why can't vampires have some sort of secret venom fatal to werewolves? Nature is obviously in favor of those wet dogs,"

Damon cracks a smile, "drink up." He tells Rose. He gently passes the glass of blood to her, his icy blue eyes intense. "Blood heals,"

Rose takes a gulp of the blood and then glances up with an unsure smile. "Yeah, it does feel like it's working."

"Let's have a look, come on." Damon motions for her to pull down the shoulder of her robe. "Let me see,"

Grayson grits her teeth in a pathetic attempt of not making a sound of shock. Rose's werewolf bite was absolutely terrible and Grayson had a feeling it was only going to get worse.

"How is it?" Rose asks.

Damon hesitates, "Definitely...better. Right, Elena?"

The Hunt girl glances to the doppleganger, unaware of her presence until Damon had pointed it out. She flashes Elena a weak smile, subtly nodding her head toward Rose.

Elena swallows thickly. "Um, it's not bad."

Grayson sighs heavily, not impressed with the girl's convincing statement, "thank you, Elena."

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asks.

"He left," the Gilbert says. "I need one of you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel but I think that's gonna upset Elijah."

Grayson sniffs. "I'm kind of busy half-ass mourning the death of Rose over here,"

Rose blinks, "that's the nicest thing you've said to me since I've been here."

Damon nods in agreement to being unabme to complete Elena's request. "No, can do. I'm with Stefan on this one but if you could play nurse for a little while..."

"It's not necessary," Rose brushes the Salvatore's comment off.

"It is necessary. Elena is a do-gooder. It's in her nature, she just can't resist." He looks at Grayson, "and since you're feeling sympathetic today, feel free to stay here and help."

Damon stalks out of the room without another word, the Gilbert girl hot on his heels. Grayson, seeing nothing else to do but relax, pulls the throw blanket from behind her and covers herself with it. Her eyebrows lift in question when she sees the curious look Rose sends her. "What is it?"

"You're not the Cordelia I remember," she says.

"Tell me about it," Grayson scoffs. "At this point, I'm convinced I have a twin everyone's confusing me with,"