05| THE SACRIFICE

Grayson's eyes pop open, her body jolting awake from the heavy weight of Elena Gilbert's arm dropping over her. "What the hell?" She rasps, reaching up to rub the sleep out of her eyes. "Elena," she complains. "Get your arm off me. Brunette's aren't my thing."

The Gilbert sleepily drags her arm off the Hunt girl, a loud gasp escaping her lips as a door slams down the hall. "Grayson," she hisses, her eyes glancing between the vampire and the door.

Grayson gapes, "what? You think just because I'm vampire, I'm not afraid of whatever ghost shit you have going on in this house?"

Elena nods jerkily, "exactly. Glad you understand."

Grayson stares at the Gilbert for a long second before slipping out of her bed, looking back at Elena with raised eyebrows. "If I go, you're coming with me."

Elena purses her lips before following the brunette out into the hallway, "use your freaky vamp senses," she suggests.

Grayson shoots her a look, her shoulders stiffening as she hears nearing footsteps. Before she could warn Elena or make a move to protect the human girl, she turns around and yelps as she's confronted with the half naked sight of her History teacher.

"Grayson," he breathed. His eyes glance to Elena, who's staring in shock, before lowering his bowl of ice cream to cover his nether regions.

"We heard something," Elena explains awkwardly. "And Grayson wanted to come check it out."

The Hunt girl gives her a look of betrayal as Alaric chuckles nervously and Jenna trudges up the stairs, a blush staining her cheeks. "That was us," the Sommers woman runs a hand through her hair. "I'm sorry."

"We didn't think anyone else was up," Alaric chimes in.

"But here you are."

"We were just-" Alaric cuts himself off as he realizes their pathetic attempt to save the situation wasn't working. He sheepishly holds out his bowl of ice cream as an offering. "Chunky Monkey?"

Grayson hums and eagerly takes the bowl of 'Chunky Monkey' and begins eating it without shame. Alaric furrows his eyebrows and sighs, "Well...I'm naked so I'm gonna go."

Grayson watches him leave, snapping back to Jenna and Elena when the Sommers woman begins to stress.

"I'm really really sorry," Jenna expresses.

"It's okay, Jenna, don't worry about it." Elena reassures the woman.

"I know he's been staying over alot. Are you...are you sure it's okay?"

"Seems like things are good," Elena tells her.

Jenna grins, "they're extremely good."

"Then I'm extremely good with it."

Jenna gives the girl a thankful look before retreating back to her bedroom.

"Well," Elena sighs as she turns back to her friend. "That was awkward."

Grayson glances up from the bowl of ice cream, a particularly big spoonful of the food in her mouth.

Elena blinks, not surprised. "I'm...I'm going back to bed."

·····

Grayson roughly opens Elena's front door, a scowl painted on her face as she looks at the Salvatore brothers. "What are you doing here?"

Stefan narrows his eyes while Damon looks at her, confused. "What are you doing here?"

Grayson blinks, "we were having a sleepover."