Chapter 2: No Harm Done

Finally, night had fallen. Loki layed in bed, staring up at his decorated ceiling. He loved how the gold went perfectly with the clean, white marble. He always drifted in thought whilst staring at the beautiful architecture.

Loki then heard a knock on his door. "Enter."

His mother, Frigga, walked into the room, looking graceful in her night gown, her long golden hair in a braid. Her kind eyes scanned Loki. He sat up quickly. He must be respectful in the presence of his mother. She was the queen, but most importantly, his mother.

"Hello, mother. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"My son. My Loki. I have come to speak with you." said Frigga, her kind expression turning serious.

"About what?" asked Loki.

"I heard the little conversation that you had with Thor, Fandral, and Sif. They mocked you." said a concerned Frigga.

Loki sighed, stood up, and paced the room. His mother sat down in an empty chair by the nightstand. She waited patiently as Loki recalled the incident earlier that day. After a moment, Loki met his mother's gaze.

"Mother, it doesn't matter to me. They can mock me as long as they like. It doesn't kill me."

Frigga stared at her son. Loki wasn't able to hide from her.

"Loki, a mother knows her own children. I see that you are hurt by their comments. I'm glad you try to stay strong but, my son, you must speak up for yourself."

"And then what, mother?! Be humiliated further?!" Loki raised his voice.

Frigga was suprised. Loki had never raised his voice at her. He was always so calm around his mother, even during the toughest times. Frigga was silent. Loki realized what he had done and felt guilt all over in less than a second. He rushed over to his mother and held her hands.

"I am sorry, mother. I just got frusterated, that's all. I just... well, you are right. I am hurt by the things they tell me. It happens everytime that I speak my mind. I say what I truly feel and they mock me. Mother, I am tired of it." said Loki in a painful tone.

Frigga held Loki's face with her hand, the other still clasped on his own hand.

"Loki, they mean you no harm. They are, after all, your friends. Perhaps they mock you because, Loki, you are one for mischief. You lie for fun and rarely speak your truthful mind. It must suprise them when you do and they don't know how to react so they mock you. But you know they mean you no harm. They are your friends. You should know that's how they play around. And I have heard them mock Thor, and he takes it well."

"I-I suppose you are right... that is how they like to have fun." said Loki.

"Yes but, do not fret, my son. I'll still speak with Thor and tell him to settle down and stop mocking you harshly." Frigga smiled.

Loki's heart melted in joy. He loved that smile of his mother. It gave him comfort and reminded him that he has a family and that he is loved. "Thank you, mother. Sometimes you are the only one that makes sense."

Frigga widened her eyes. "Do you say that most of the time I do not make sense?"

"No, no that's not what I-" Loki started, afraid that he had hurt Frigga's feelings.

But she laughed warm heartedly. "Do not worry, Loki. I know exactly what you meant." she said, the warm smile still on her face.

Loki smiled. His mother was the only one who seen him smile out of happiness and love.

Suddenly, her smile disappeared, as if she remembered something serious. Loki's smile disappeared."What is it mother?"

Frigga looked at her son in the eyes. His icy blue eyes stared into hers. She clasped both of his hands.

"I worry for you, Loki."

"Why?" Loki asked, puzzled.

"I've had a strange dream every night for the past eight nights. In that dream, I see you. You are out on the balcony alone. Then a creature, I don't know what it is, with feathered massive wings carries you away. I run to your aid, but then it is too late. You're already too far to reach." explained Frigga

"Mother, I am sure it is nothing. Now go. You need your rest." said Loki.

Frigga walked out of his room and silently shut the door. Loki thought about the dream. A creature with massive feathered wings? Maybe that was a sign that something was about to happen to him. Something massive.