Chapter 22: Announcement

Loki sighed as he stared at himself in the mirror. It was now time for lunch and he was ill prepared to announce his engagement to his family and friends. Especially his father.

Thor knocked on Loki's door. "Loki, it is time to go."

Loki sighed once more, then headed out. He and Thor walked in silence to the dining hall. When they stood in front of the doors, Loki sighed again.

"Is something troubling you, brother?" asked Thor.

Loki glared at Thor. "What kind of question is that? Of course I'm troubled. (y/n) is not forgotten, you know."

"Oh. Sorry."

Loki rolled his eyes. "Let's just go in." he said, not really speaking to Thor but to himself.

They entered the hall, silently closing the door behind him. Thor sat far from Odin, and Loki sat next to Thor. They all silently started eating. Fandral didn't look like his happy self. He hadn't been since (y/n) went back to the dungeon.

He still likes her, thought Loki.

Hogun was now more serious than ever. He hasn't cracked a smile since (y/n) left. Volstagg didn't speak. He just picked at his food. Thor no longer had 'chores' to do. As Loki had said, Thor is (y/n)'s minion. When she wants fruit or a cookie, she sends Thor to get it. When she wants her chambers tidied up, Thor is the one she sends to clean it. He even did her hair at times.

Loki smiled sadly, remembering the day Thor proudly presented (y/n) in a new hair -do he did on her. It was such a mess. (y/n) was not pleased. She combed knots out of her hair for a week! So now, Thor only combed her hair.

But the only one who was in the worst condition, besides Loki, was Sif. She cried almost everyday. She was pained that she couldn't go down to see (y/n).

Frigga missed her too. As Frigga sat, staring at her food, she recalled the moments when she'd secretly went to (y/n) 's chambers at night and spoke to her.

The only one who wasn't troubled was Odin. He sat there, eating happily.

Loki looked up and was bewildered by this. He figured now was the time. He took a few seconds, then took a deep breath.

He stood up. "Father! I must tell you something! I am not going to stop loving (y/n)!"

Everyone looked up surprised. except Odin. He didn't pay any attention to Loki.

"And to prove it to you I..." Loki took a deep breath. "I went down to the dungeons."

Odin stopped eating.

"And I went to see (y/n)."

Odin looked up.

"And I proposed to her. And we are to wed..."

Everyone gasped. They all waited for Odin to explode, but it didn't happen. He sat there, just staring at Loki.

Odin sighed. He stood up and walked toward Loki. Thor stood up and stood beside Loki, as did Frigga, Sif, and the Warriors Three.

"Do not fret, everyone. Loki, I know for the past months I haven't been the best father... but now I understand that you are sincere that you love (y/n). And I've been knowing. When (y/n) told me herself thay day I found out about you two, I knew it was true, because you meant it and she meant it too. But I acted the way I did because I was scared for you, my son. I do not know why, but I do believe that I didn't want to accept the fact that my little son is now a man... I apologize Loki... for everything. For not being there and for taking away someone who was... Will you forgive me?" Odin was sincere.

Loki hugged his father in reply. Everyone else joined in. When the hug was over, Loki looked to his father.

"Does this mean I have your approval, father?"

Everyone looked at him curiously. Odin smiled.

"Indeed you do."

Thor cheered, Loki beamed, Frigga hugged Odin, and Sif smiled.

"Um, Loki?" It was Fandral. "I must say that I was deeply in love with (y/n), but now I just want her to be happy. You stole her heart. And it wouldn't have worked between she and I anyway. She's out of my league."

"Oh, shut it, Fandral!" said Volstagg.

"My friend, I already knew that. You didn't have to tell me." said Loki.

Everybody laughed.

Loki then gasped.

"What is it?" asked Frigga.

"We have to get (y/n)!"

They all rushed to the dungeon. Yes, all of them. When they got there, (y/n) stoiod up, surprised. Loki turned off the barrier and they all went in. Sif hugged her immediately.

"My love... there is something I must tell you..." said Loki.

(y/n)'s face fell worried. There was a silence. Loki slowly walked to (y/n). Sif moved out the way. Loki placed his hands on her waist and stared deeply into her (e/c) eyes.

"(y/n)..." started Loki.

"Yes?..." urged (y/n).

Loki closed his eyes and sighed. Another silent moment. (y/n)'s heart raced.

Loki then opened his eyes and looked at (y/n).

".............FATHER APPROVED!" he exclaimed happily and twirled (y/n) in the air.

Everyone stepped forward, happily congratulating them. Odin was last.

"Take care of my boy, dear. I apologize for everything. I wish you two a happy life together."

"Thank you your highness." (y/n) curtsied.

"No dear, you don't have to curtsy. You are soon to be royalty... and call me father if you like. Welcome to the family, my child."