Chapter 9: Dinner

Sif paced the hallway impatiently. She waited for (y/n) to arrive. It was almost dinner and a guard was going to escort her to the dining hall. Odin, Frigga, Thor, Fandral, Hogun,Volstagg, and Loki were awaiting inside. Sif was waiting outside the dining hall. She heard the dining hall doors open and close. When she turned, she seen Loki

"Has she arrived yet?" asked Loki.

"No, that's why I'm still out here, Loki." said Sif.

"Thor has become impatient. Hopefully it isn't long now." Loki went back inside the dining hall.

Sif sighed. How much longer can it be?

It wasn't long before she heard footsteps. When she turned, she seen (y/n) in a green dress, her (h/c) hair let loose, framing her face.

"Finally! Come now. Let's go in." said Sif while pulling her towards the doors.

"I don't know if I'm ready." said (y/n).

"Just be silent. If they speak to you, you speak back. Okay?"

"Okay."

They entered the dining room. Everyone was silent. The dining hall was very empty, since it was only the royal family, Lady Sif and the warriors three, and (y/n). She felt eyes piercing into her, looking through her it seemed.

Sif led her to a seat between her and Loki. Thor, Fandral, Hogun, and Volstagg sat on the other side.

"Did you and Loki make plans to match tonight?" Thor asked (y/n).

"No..." nervously replied (y/n).

"Really? Because-"

"Enough, Thor." said Frigga. Was she defending (y/n)?

"She looks like a big leaf." joked Hogun.

Everyone laughed. Except Sif, (y/n), Frigga, Fandral, and Loki.

(y/n) felt humiliated. She then felt Loki's hand on her shoulder as a sign of comfort. That's when everyone fell silent. Loki glared at Hogun.

"Sorry." said Hogun.

Thor realized he should try to be friendly. For his mother and Loki.

"So, maiden (y/n)... can you tell us of an adventure you've had?" he asked.

"Um..." (y/n) looked around. Everyone waited. "I've never actually been on one... But I can tell you what I've seen from above in Earth. It may not seem interesting, but Earth is not what it seems. It has so much history. There's wars and what not. But there's only been two things that really saddened me. One was this horrible thing, called the Holocaust. It was going on during a war, and Germans were sending Jews to concentration camps, and-"

She stopped because everyone looked confused. "Germans and Jews are different human races..and concentration camps were these horrible places where they'd torture the Jews and make them work non-stop." she explained. They then nodded, understanding.

"Well, they would put Jews there and starve them to death, shoot them, seperate them from their famalies. Children were left with no famalies. Infants were killed or they died of hunger. It wasn't pretty...not something you'd want to witness. But I did. Also there was a shipwreck. The ship was called the Titanic. Very tragic. Many many people died that day, but freezing to death in the cold water..But nothing will compare to the Holocaust.." (y/n) said.

Frigga brushed a tear from her face. Everyone else seemed devastated. But Odin looked bored.

"I never knew that something so cruel would happen. Killing innocent people..helpless babies and children especially." said Hogun.

"I agree. Humans can be so barbaric." added Fandral.

"Well... dinner is over. You are all excused." said Odin.

Everyone got up and left. Loki caught up to (y/n).

"(y/n)? May I walk you to your chambers?" asked Loki.

"Yes. You may."

They walked in silence. When they got to her door, Loki said goodnight and was about to leave.

"Loki wait." called (y/n).

Loki turned and (y/n) walked up to him quickly and hugged him. "Thank you. For saving me. For comforting me. Thank you for everything."

Loki was surprised, but he hugged (y/n) back. "You're welcome."