Chapter 5: Dungeons

Loki walked out of his room. He was free again. But he didn't search for anyone. He had a destination to go to. He had demanded answers from the guard that let him out. He found out that the girl was being kept in a cell. So down to the dungeons Loki went.

He searched for the girl, but didn't find her. He then came across a cell that seemed empty, but was in use. He stood in front of it, then got alittle closer.

"Come out of hiding." ordered Loki.

Surely enough, the girl came out from behind the bed. However, Loki barely recognized her. She was very pale, and had a scarred, bloody face and body. Her hair was a mess and her body was very skinny. Nothing bright was shown anywhere on her, except her big (eye color) eyes. They were wide and watery, as if she was afraid and in pain. Has she really been through this much during the past three days?

"I do not come to harm you. I promise. Please come closer." calmly said Loki.

The girl hesitated for awhile, but then went closer. Loki smiled warmly to gain her trust, and she went alittle closer until she was half an inch away from the cell's barrier.

"I am Loki. I am the prince of Asgard. Well, one of them at least.  My brother, Thor, is the one that carried you to my father. What is your name?"

The girl stood silent and stared at Loki.

"Do you speak?"

She nodded.

"Then answer please. What is your name?"

The girl took a deep breath and replied, "My name is (your name)."

"(y/n) ... who did this to you?"

"The guard... he comes in occaisionally to beat me because I'm a monster. They do not feed me, and they interrogate me. They ask questions that I do not know and torture me when I don't answer. But it will all end soon." (y/n) said calmly.

"What do you mean?" Loki furrowed his brow.

"In two days time, I am to be executed, and my pain will end..."

                          ~•~•~

Loki and his family were seated in the dining hall. The chatter was everywhere. So many people were there but they were all immersed in their own conversations.

"So, Loki, I suppose you've learned your lesson?" said Odin, not really asking a question.

Loki was silent.

"Loki, your father speaks to you." said Frigga.

Loki was silent.

Thor gave Loki a glare, but Loki didn't look his way. After a moment of an awkward silence, Loki stood up and said, " I'm not hungry." Then he left.

Thor looked as his brother walked out of the room. He rose from his chair and followed Loki, excusing himself from the dinner table.

Loki was already far down the corridor when Thor opened the doors.

"Loki!" called Thor, jogging to catch up with him. When Thor reached him, Loki acted as if no one was there.

"Brother, why do you act this way? Are you angry because I pushed you to the wall? If that is the reason, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. It's just that you were keeping that creature. I believe that she bewitched your mind, making you protect her.I interrogated her, asking her what she did to you but she didn't answer so I had her put in that cell and had her excecution date arranged. She's a monster after all." explained Thor.

Loki looked at Thor with outrage. "It was you? YOU DID THAT TO (Y/N)?!" yelled Loki.

Thor stared speechless at Loki, then said, "(y/n)? It has a name? And you spoke to her?! Brother, you must know that she is messing with your mind!"

"SHE ISN'T MESSING WITH MY MIND! SHE'S NOT MAKING ME PROTECT HER! I'M PROTECTING HER BECAUSE I WANT TO! BECAUSE I KNOW SHE'S THE KEY TO BRINGING CHANGE IN MY LIFE!!"

"So that's what this is about," realized Thor, "the conversation we had days ago. You're trying to prove a point? This is the wrong answer, Loki!"

"You don't control me! I do what I want!" Loki walked away quickly. Making his way to his chambers.

Thor stood there in silence and in shock. He and Loki always argued, but never in such a manner as this. This is the loudest Thor has ever heard Loki yell. It sort of startled him because Loki is always so quiet, so calm, and peaceful. But now, Thor wasn't so sure. He worried for his brother. Was Loki going mad?