Chapter 26: Loki's Lullaby

Hi guys. Soo...it pains me to say this.. but this story is coming to an end. Remember, what inspired this story is the fact that they never really gave a reason why Loki wanted the throne soo much. Like sooo sooo much! And this story is one of those reasons. Well enough jibber jabber *slaps myself* Story time!!

It has been almost a month now. The wedding was soon arriving. Loki couldn't believe it was almost here.

However, he felt restless. He remembered that the Fire Demons of Muspelheim declared war against Asgard. That they'll attack when Asgard least expected it. Loki feared for his wife-to-be, for she still couldn't fight well. She trains, but she's too soft hearted. He prayed the war wasn't true.

Loki heard his door open and close. When he turned, his face brightened. His one and only love strolled toward him gracefully in her white night gown...

Wait... night? How long had Loki been in his chambers?

"I haven't seen you all day. Are you alright?" (y/n) asked, concerned.

"Yes, I am sorry. I've just been somewhat troubled." said Loki.

"About?"

"About the whole thing with Muspelheim."

(y/n) sighed and hugged Loki. "We'll be prepared. Rest now, Loki."

Loki shook his head. "I can't."

(y/n) sighed and took off his armour. "There, isn't that more comfortable?" She put his armour to the side.

"Still doesn't mean I'm going to bed. I can't. Muspelheim is bothering me."

(y/n) led Loki to his bed, for he was seated by the nightstand. She made him lay down and she tucked him in.

"Go to sleep now, love."

Loki refused.

(y/n) sighed and crawled into bed with him. He layed his head on her lap as she sat up. He closed his eyes but then opened them. "I still cannot sleep.

(y/n) smiled softly and she caressed Loki's soft raven black hair.

She then began to sing to him:

Love of mine

Someday you will die

But I'll be close behind.

I'll follow you into the dark.

No blinding light

Or tunnels to gates of white

Just our hands clasped so tight,

Waiting for a hint of a spark.

If Heaven and Hell decide

That they both are satisfied,

Illuminate the 'no's'

On their vacancy signs.

If there's no one behind you

When your soul embarks,

Then I'll follow you into the dark.

(y/n) then heard the soft snores from Loki. She carefully placed his head on the pillow and before she left, she kissed him softly on his forehead.