Chapter 24: Moonlight Flight

That night, (y/n) was out on the balcony. She looked up at the diamond like stars, gleaming in the moonlit sky.

She was in her night gown, but she couldn't go to sleep.

She then heard footsteps. When she turned, it was Loki. He was still dressed in his day clothing and armour, but no helmet or cape.

"Trouble sleeping?" asked Loki.

"Yes... I can't seem to get a certain topic out of my mind."

"Tell me."

"No... it's silly. I mean, it's small problem for me that I've been trying to solve for months now but, it's silly..."

Loki sighed. He stared into her eyes and took her left hand. He pointed at her engagement ring and said, "You see this? This means we are forever bonded into each other's lives now. Your problems are now mine as well. What troubles you, troubles me. Now, speak to me my love."

"...Why did you save me, in the beginning?.."

Loki looked down, then looked into the night sky. "I saved you because...because I already cared for you the first time I seen you. I couldn't let a creature, so beautiful, die. I saved you because.... I wanted to be with you..." nervously lied Loki. But (y/n) didn't catch the lie in his tone.

"I love you, Loki." (y/n) hugged him.

Loki looked down at her, then wrapped his arms around her, his chin resting at the crown of her head.

I can't let her know that I saved her because I was going to use her to bring adventure... She would get hurt... thought Loki.

He closed his eyes and just stood there, hugging (y/n). After a moment, he spoke. "(y/n)... remember you said your powers were stripped from you, except your wings?"

"Yes."

"Well.... may I... see them?" he asked nervously.

"Okay."

It's a good thing (y/n) cut tiny slits on her dresses to reveal her wings when she needed to.

Loki stared in awe as a pair of great white wings now bloomed on (y/n)'s back. They were huge. Loki touched them. (y/n) went behind Loki.

"(y/n)... what are you-?" Loki had no time to finish for (y/n) took flight with him in her arms. Loki didn't scream, no matter how high they went.

"Aren't I heavy?" he asked.

"Not while we're flying." giggled (y/n).

Loki loved this. They flew over the gardens, where they were spotted by Thor and the Warriors Three. The four of them just stared up at them. Loki flipped them all off as they flew. (y/n) taught him that.

"When I am king, you'll regret that!!" yelled Thor.

Loki sighed. Look at that, Thor is still confident he'll be king, like there's no other who is worthy. Still conceided and vain.

The flight eventually had to end. (y/n) went to bed, comfortably. Loki stood awake alittle while, thinking of the amazing night he had.