Chapter 3: The Fallen

"COME NOW, LOKI! I KNOW YOU CAN RIDE THAT HORSE FASTER!" boomed Thor.

Thor and Loki were racing through the gardens. Loki was having fun, but he couldn't get his mother's dream out of his mind, which was the reason he was going slower as usual.

"Thor, can we slow down?" asked Loki.

"If we slow down, I WIN!!" laughed Thor.

"Fine." sighed Loki.

Thor and Loki slowed down the horses. They rode side by side through the garden.

"What is the matter, Loki? You don't seem like yourself today." asked Thor.

"I was just thinking,brother." said Loki

"About?" asked Thor.

Before Loki could reply, there was a loud booming sound in the sky that shook the ground. It sounded as if one thousand cannons were fired at the same time.

"The hell was that?!" pondered Loki."Is it me, or is it heating up here, Thor?"

"Oh, haha... should I go so the atmosphere can cool off?" joked Thor.

" I'm serious!" yelled Loki.

Suddenly, there was a huge ball of fire that fell from the sky and landed into the garden. The horses nearly dropped Thor and Loki for they were frightened. They quickly calmed the horses, then got off to investigate. There was no longer a flame, but there was smoke. They started to where the ball fell. At first, they seen nothing, for the smoke was too thick. But once the smoke lifted, there was a figure laying on the ground.

"What is that?" wondered Thor.

Loki stepped forward to get a better look. He silently gasped, for he was now able to see very clearly what lay in front of him.

It was a woman in torn white garments. She was unconscious, but none of those details caught Loki's eye. He was staring at her massive wings that covered her tiny figure. His mother's dream. Did this being have something to do with it?

Loki heard Thor running towards him.

"Loki! Is that what I think it is?! That is a fallen being! I thought they were just a myth!" said Thor.

Loki also thought they were just a myth. There were many fictional stories about the fallen beings, many of which their mother told them as children. They had another name, a proper name, but he couldn't remember. But it seems like they aren't myths.. According to the stories, a fallen being must be destroyed, because they fall for a reason : they are evil and up to no good.

"We must let father know of this monster, then come back to kill it."

Loki stood silent and went with his brother, but before they got to Odin, Loki said, "You tell father. I need to go catch my breath. This is too much for me right now."

Loki parted and went to his chambers, lost in his thoughts.
The fallen being, is she the answer?  But she is evil. I cannot trust her. How is she to bring me adventure? Is it even she who was in my mother's dream?  Massive wings. Feathered wings. There isn't anyone with wings in Asgard. Only this creature. She must be the answer. She must be it. I cannot let this adventurous opportunity slip through my fingertips. I'll use her to prove to my so called friends that there can be adventure in Asgard!, thought Loki.

Loki went out of his chambers. He had plans to fullfill.