Chapter 10: Fitting In

Days later, Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, Thor, Sif, and (y/n) were in each other's company, just talking about interesting things.

They laughed and enjoyed their time together, until Loki rushed into the room with a terrified look upon his face.

"Thor! I have learned terrible news!"

Thor quickly rushed over to his brother. "What is it?"

"Muspelheim has declared war on Asgard. They never said when, but they want to take over! They are preparing an army over-"

"Hold on, Loki. The Fire Demons are declaring war? And they didn't say when they'll attack?" asked Fandral

"Yes. They said it will be when we least expect it..." Loki looked worried.

"Then we'll have to be on guard all the time." said Sif.

"Well then, I just wanted to let you know." Loki then started to walk away.

"Wait, Loki. We want to join you. Let's go train for the fun of it!" suggested Volstagg.

"Train?" asked (y/n).

"Yes. You know, fighting, weapons, the good stuff." happily explained Thor.

"Oh... I've never used weapons in my life. Only powers." said (y/n).

Thor and Loki looked at one another and smiled.

"We'll all teach you how to use every weapon we think you can manage. Thor will teach you dagger throwing, Fandral will teach you fencing, Volstagg will teach you spear throwing, Sif will teach you hand combat, Hogun will teach you how to improve your body strength, and I will teach you archery." said Loki.

While Thor taught (y/n) how to throw daggers, everyone else did their own training. It turned out that dagger throwing was successful for (y/n). She hit the middle of the target on her fifth try.

"Very well, (y/n)! You'll be a professional in no time if you keep practicing!" cheerfully said Thor.

"Move aside, Thor. It's time for her to learn how to fight with a sword!" said Fandral.

Fandral flirted more than taught. (y/n) found it rather funny though. But fencing wasn't for her. She failed at every attempt.

"Oh, Fandral, you're a terrible teacher. If she's good at throwing daggers, then she'll be good at throwing spears." said Volstagg. And he was right, for (y/n) was more than good, she was great!

Fandral rolled his eyes at Volstagg's victory. Sif taught (y/n) very good hand combat techniques and Hogun was successful as well.

Now all that was left for the day was archery.

"Ok, so you must hold the bow properly." Loki helped (y/n) adjust the bow in her hands.

"And here's the arrow. You put the arrow here, exactly like this and pull back. Then all you have to do is let go." said Loki.

"Wow, it's that easy?" asked (y/n).

"Yes. Now I want you to hit the middle of the target."

(y/n) adjusted the bow and arrow and pulled back on the string. It was tough, but she managed. She aimed at the target.

"Steady now." said Loki.

(Y/n) took a deep breath. Then she let go, but missed badly.

"...well I missed." said (y/n).

"Well, you won't get it on the first try, but with practice and patience, you'll get there." said Loki.

Fandral walked up to Loki and pat him roughly on the back that Loki almost fell forward.

"Well Loki, looks like we're both failures."

Loki looked at Fandral. "No. At least I tried to teach her. You're the failure."

Fandral rolled his eyes.

Thor came up to each and everyone of them and handed them a fruit. He went to (y/n) last.

"Here you go, maiden (y/n)."

"Thank you, your highness." playfully said (y/n).

Everyone laughed warm heartedly.