Chapter 25: The Truth

The next afternoon, Thor, Loki, (y/n), Sif, and the Warriors Three were all seated and chatting.

"Wow Loki, how was last night hmm?" asked Fandral.

Sif widened her eyes. "Did he and (y/n)... do... THAT!?"

"No! (y/n) took Loki in her arms and they flew across the sky!" said Volstagg.

Sif sighed in relief.

"It was the most amazing experience I ever had." said Loki.

"Wow Loki. Who knew, huh? You just saved her because you were using her for an adventure to prove a point to us, now look at you two!" exclaimed Fandral.

Loki widened his eyes. (y/n) gasped. She stood up and Loki stood up to block her way.

"You lied to me!" (y/n) pushed him. "You didn't save me because you wanted to be with me from the moment you seen me! You were going to use me!"

"(y)-(y/n), I can explain."

"No! Why didn't you tell me this!"

"What did you expect me to do?!" yelled Loki.

"Tell me the truth!" yelled back (y/n).

"She's got a point." said Sif.

"Stay out of it, Sif!" Loki glared at her. "I didn't want to tell you because I knew you'd get angry, being the pathetic mortal that you are!!" yelled Loki. Everyone gasped. Including Loki.

"(y)-(y/n)... I didn't mean that."

(y/n) shook her head, tears rolling down her cheeks.

She pushed Loki out of the way and ran out.

"Nice going, troll." said Fandral. He got up and went after (y/n), Sif following behind.

~•~•~

Fandral and Sif found (y/n) in her chambers. They both hugged her tightly.

"Do not cry, (y/n)." said Sif.

"Those words hurt me... especially since it came out of Loki..."

"He didn't mean that... he was just upset."

"He loves you dearly." added Fandral.

"Can you two please go? I need some time alone. I'm sorry..." said (y/n).

"Very well." Fandral gave her one last hug and Sif kissed her forehead. They left.

~•~•~

Loki went to find (y/n) in her chambers, but she wasn't there. He looked everywhere but found no trace of her. He then looked to the room where her piano was, and there she was.

She just sat there, not touching the keys.

"I'm sorry... (y/n)... I didn't mean those words... please look at me... speak to me..." Loki begged.

(y/n) didn't answer. She didn't even look his way. Loki sighed. He played around with a piano key for a second. Then another. And another. Until he played the love song that (y/n) was teaching him. He played it perfectly, from beginning to end. Fantastic.

It was then silent.

"...You've been practicing..." said (y/n).

"Yes... just for you..." Loki pulled (y/n)'s chin to face him.

"I'm sorry. Forgive me." Loki whispered.

(y/n) looked at him. He was being sincere. And she hugged him. He held her tightly. Never wanting to let go.