Chapter 16: Confessions

Two nights later, Loki was alone in his chambers. He had no idea how much more he could take. (y/n) hadn't spoken to him in two days. He hoped he'd at least get one glance.

But there was no contact whatsoever.

Loki was still dressed in his day clothing. He paced his chambers in thought. He was thinking so hard that he barely heard the knock at his door.

He was suprised. He wasn't expecting anyone. Not at this late hour. He stared at the door for a few moments, and heard the knocking once again.

"Who is it?" asked Loki. The only response he got was another round of knocking.

He sighed and went to open the door. And there stood (y/n) staring up at him.

"What are you doing here?" Loki somewhat growled.

"May I come in?" asked (y/n).

Loki nodded and moved aside so (y/n) could pass. She entered and kept her back toward Loki. He stared at her as he shut the door.

"You didn't answer me." continued Loki. "Why are you here?"

(y/n) looked down and sighed. She then turned around and faced Loki.

"I apologize for the way I acted three days ago."

"Apology accepted. You may go now." Loki headed toward the door to open it.

"No wait! That's not all. I have something to tell you."

Loki raised his eyebrow. "What?"

"I- I'm in love with you too."

Loki stared for awhile. He then laughed silently. "Alright, you're joking aren't you? Who put you up to this, hm? Was it Thor? Who put you up to this cruel prank on me, (y/n)?"

(y/n) stared at Loki in disbelief. "It's not a joke. No one put me up to anything. This is the bare truth. I am in love with you, Loki."

Loki was shocked. He sat on the edge of his bed. (Y/n) walked over and sat beside him.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" quietly asked Loki.

"Because I was afraid." admitted (y/n).

"Afraid of what?"

"Afraid of what could happen. If your father finds out, I'm done for. He'd break us apart in a heartbeat. Also I'll age quicker and die before you... way before you. We are totally different creatures. Differences do not work."

Loki sighed. "How are we different? We are both human, in a way, we both breathe, we're both healthy. Our only differences is our power. But power does not matter, since love is stronger than power. But most importantly, we both have hearts, that mine belongs to you and yours belongs to me."

(y/n) looked down. "It's too risky..."

Loki lifted her head up to face him. "Sometimes you need to take risks. They can turn out to be something beautiful."

She smiled and Loki smiled back at her. His heart raced, for he had never been in love.

He stroked her hair and pulled her closer. The moment seemed to go on for an eternity.

Then their lips met. The kiss was slow, sweet, and romantic. Loki felt butterflies in his stomach. It was just perfect. Not awkward in any way.

When the kiss ended, Loki and (y/n) hugged each other tightly.

"I should be going to bed. It is extremely late." said (y/n).

"I can't be any further away from you... not now." Loki said softly.

"But, Loki, I must rest."

"Stay here with me. Sleep here. Just for tonight. Please." begged Loki.

"Very well." smiled (y/n).

(y/n) turned away as Loki put on his night clothing. They stood up longer, talking, joking, and laughing.

Loki then noticed (y/n) yawn.

"Rest now, my dear." said Loki.

(y/n) and Loki layed down, both warm under the sheets in each other's arms. (y/n) layed her head to rest on Loki's chest, and he kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight, Loki"

"Goodnight, (y/n)"

Both then went to sleep, dreaming happy dreams about each other. Nothing was to get in between them now.