History lessons

Setting: Coulson were a college history teacher and Melinda were in his class. Coulson would be 27 and Melinda, 25

The mornings were boring. History was the worst. No one hardly ever listened, except for Melinda. She listened the whole time- eyes dazed on Mr. Coulson but, she were allowed to call him Coulson, or just..Phil. Whatever she wanted.

Melinda sat in his classroom wearing a long cute ponytail, a top showing a little cleavage, and black jeans.

The class was almost over.
Such a shame.

He didn't hardly look at her when she looked at him. Instead, he looked at her when she didn't look at him. It made her feel like she wasn't as "special" as he once told her..

Once the bell rang Melinda waited about ten seconds without leaving, before realizing Phil just didn't care about her as she thought. She stood at the door waiting for something.. anything.

Instead she just walked down the hall.

Maybe I should go back

Feelings ran through her mind telling her she should go
back and talk- she hates talking.

She walked back to his class and just stands there before walking towards his desk.

"Phillip." Her quiet voice made her nervous when he didn't respond.

"So, class was bad? That bad?" He asks Melinda. Class was really boring and no one hardly paid attention- but Melinda did.

"Phil, class wasn't bad. It bored some, if you want it to be different, then you should change the subject a little." Melinda has a bright spark in her eyes when she says that. Maybe he should "change the subject"

"What are you thinking?" Phil asks. Melinda still gives him an awkward smirk. "WWI?" He asks again.

"Maybe something a little more...interesting.." Melinda gives Phil a look he's never seen before. But he likes it, the spark in her eyes made him admire her.

"WWII?" He continues to question her, but deep down he knew where she were going.

"Dig deeper." She adds. Now Melinda is moving dangerously close, making Phil nervous but, delighted.

"Um..." He struggles to think of more subjects just before he looks into Melinda's eyes and leans into a kiss. He deepens the kiss just before it ended, He strokes Melinda's hair and chuckles.

"Hmm.. I was thinking a little more.. WWI thing." They both began to laugh.

The bell rings again, it was dismissal. Melinda rode in Phillips car as they rode home. Their tiny house was perfect.
Melinda was tired from all of the classes, and Phil were tired from teaching all the classes.

They both decided to do something for each other. Phil would go upstairs to run a bath for Melinda and cook while she were in the bath, and Melinda would play Phil's favorite movie, and pour him a cup of Haig.

Once they were done, Phil came up to Melinda and held her hand.

"I did a little something for you." He says with a crooked smile.
Melinda began to blush "Like what?" She asks

Phil led her to the bathroom as she saw the bathing tub filled with bubbles and water.

"Oh, you're the best." She says as tears began to form in her eyes.

"Whats wrong Mel?" He asks with slight concern. Melinda began tearing up, trying to hide them.
"Melinda? Is everything alright?" He tries not to cry along with Melinda, but it was so hard to watch her cry.

"I don't..." She manages to get out.

"I don't deserve you." She begans crying deeply, as Phil embraces her into a hug.

"Of course you do. You deserve everything. You deserve the universe Melinda."

"I love you" she whispers.

"And I love you too. Of course."

Melinda's breathing calms down as Phil comforts her in an unbreakable, meaningful hug. His love, words, hugs always made her feel better. He was the only person in her life she truly felt love with.

Melinda soaked in her bath while Phil would cook and watch his favorite movie. Phil began to question if he should stop teaching and just do Shield. He worked two jobs, and Melinda too, were in Shield.

Once Melinda came from her bath, Phil were shocked when Melinda kissed him on his cheek and they began to eat dinner.