Through DNA Part 2

"We may have information about your daughter," Fitz informed, before looking at Jemma, then looking at his feet.

Melinda gasps and Phil is in shock too.

"You see.. the thing is, we tried to locate her.." Fitz says, as Coulson and May are both staring at them.
"But..." Coulson says
Fitz bites his bottom lip, trying to get out what he wants to say.

"But—But..it lead back to Shield." Fitz says, then looking to Simmons for help.

"You're daughter is in Shield." Simmons says.

Melinda gasps and Phil looks in shock too.

"So.. we took some DNA tests, compared some samples. And the only one we could compare is.." Simmons says

"Is Daisy's. Daisy 'Johnson' " Fitz quotes Johnson with his two fingers.

"Jiaying was a cover up. She's not her real mother. Hydra tried to fake it so she would never find out she's your daughter." Fitz says, brushing his hair with his hands in disbelief.

Fitz is angry and stressed. Simmons is empathetic and in disbelief.

Melinda and Phil are in shock. They would cry but that would last forever.

Fitz shutters through his words, "You see—" he starts throwing books, clearing his desk, "They wanted us to N-Never find this out!! And we did, so what—happens—next" he throws another book after each of the last three words. Yelling through his words, trying to stay calm and breathe. He acts as he did when he found out Ward was Hydra.

"Fitz take a breath!" May reassures.

"They might kill Daisy! They—they might hunt her down! For all I know, they might brainwash us!!" Fitz is worried that Hydra will try to stop them from knowing that Daisy's their daughter.

Simmons offers Fitz some reassurance, she places a hand on his shoulder and whispers  "it'll be okay"

"Nothing —we— do.. can change this," h e shutters, "they tried to hide Daisy! They faked Jiaying, and they faked her dad. They faked everything just to cover their tracks. If we let the world know about what Hydra did to Daisy, then it'll only get worse." Fitz says, teeth shuttering through every breath, every word.

Melinda is in disbelief, in shock. She trembles through her breath and understands why Fitz is worried. She almost cried.

Phil is trying to figure things out. His eyebrows dance across his face, and he unintentionally paces. He's almost frozen.

"So we don't tell the world about Daisy? What happens then?" Phil suggests.

Melinda keeps silent. She doesn't know what to say.
Before she can process her thoughts, she storms out of the room and Phil follows as usual.
He grabs her by the arm, "what's wrong?"

"I just.. I just can't imagine being a mother," she pauses, "all these years, Phil. All these years! I've waited for our daughter and I've always imagined being a mom to Daisy, but I've never lived it, Phil! I could never see myself as her mother." She says, almost crying.

Phil stops her from talking when he sees Daisy standing there, frozen in the small distance.
Her jaw drops and a single tear falls.
Melinda May is my mother. Phil Coulson is my father.
It was a 'wow' moment.
Daisy was in as much shock as they were, except this time it was Daisy who stormed out, covering her mouth.

"Daisy wait—" Coulson yelled out, as Daisy ran to her room.

——(The evening, time skip)
It was 6:30 when Melinda found Daisy in her room. She would've came sooner but she had too much on her mind.

She was welcomed with a crying Daisy, trying to piece together her thoughts.

Melinda was also struggling to get out what she wanted to say. She would cry, but the Calvary had to stay strong. To stay strong for her Daisy.

"So Jiaying was a fake? She faked everything right?" Daisy said, tears streaming through her eyes.

"You know.. at first I was in shock too." Melinda started.
"I've waited many, many years to find my daughter. And you know what? I can't see it. I can't see myself being a mother to anyone.." Melinda paused as Daisy wiped tears, "but then I met you, and it was the best thing ever. A good agent.. a good daughter. What more can you wish for?"

Daisy laid her head on Melinda's shoulder and whispered, "I saw you as a mom too."