Through DNA Part 1.

suggested by the wonderful Feder0

Daisy was devastated after finally meeting her family just to know that they weren't what she hoped for them to be. She spent the following year with shield, fighting, occasionally hacking, and being a great member to the team.

May woke up, ready to practice her moves. She walks to the training room, and is greeted by an angry Daisy, training too. Daisy throws high kicks and swings punches at her opponent. Then Daisy's focus is ruined as she falls to the ground.

May walks over to her, "that kick," she starts giving her advice. "It's where you made your mistake. You jump then kick, you don't kick then jump." She starts.

Daisy wipes sweat for her forehead with a towel and exhales from exhaustion. "Well, I'm sorry I'm not the best fighter." Then she storms towards the door.

May sighs, "you don't have to be the best fighter," she captures Daisy's attention, "you just have to know when to use that strength.. and be the best fighter."

Daisy ignores the comment and walks out of the training room after saying, "whatever."

May sighs after trying to reassure her. At that moment, Coulson walks in the room.

"Bad training?" He asks, handing her papers.

"She doesn't believe in herself." May unintentionally raises her voice.

"She will, you just have to give her time," He says.

"No, Phil. How am I supposed to believe in her when she doesn't believe in herself!" May tries to calm down, and Phil offers her reassurance and gives her space.

——
The day followed the same.  wave of entertainment. May was angry with Daisy. And Daisy was angry with herself.
FitzSimmons hid in the lab working on something no one knew about. And yo-yo and Mack offered everyone additional help. Phil hid away in his office.

May arguing with Daisy reminded her of the past.
Her daughter.

Her baby.

Stolen by hydra.
—— (the past)
Melinda May had just given birth, she was in a room in the hospital with sweat lying on her forehead. She smiled and exhaled when she saw her child.
"It's a girl!" The nurse said in excitement.
But what Melinda didn't know was that the "nurse" was a hydra agent. And she was about to kidnap and give hydra her baby.. :(

When the nurses came back empty handed they tried to convince Melinda that she hadn't had a child, but Melinda knew better.

After Bahrain, this brought back memories. Memories of sadness and a reminder that Melinda will never find her child. Her and Phil's child that is.

Coulson and Melinda were in love, inseparable.

They were going to name their child Daisy. Daisy May Coulson. Half Asian, half Caucasian. Half Melinda, half Phil.— stolen by Hydra Agents for an inhuman experiment.

——(present time)
Melinda awoke from a daydream as Phil placed her tea on the table.
"Any better?" He asked Melinda kindly.

Melinda turned away and sipped on her tea.

"All of this, about Daisy," Melinda paused. "Has got me thinking about our Daisy."

"Melinda, please don't start this," Phil insisted. Phil couldn't take the memories. Just like Tahiti, he's tried to forget about his daughter—their daughter.

"We need to find her!" Melinda yells, unintentionally.
Phil tries to calm her and himself down.
"We cant do this. We can't think of her right now. Okay?? We'll find her one day." He tries to reassure her.

"She's probably still in hydra! We can't just forget her!!" She yells

"I haven't forgotten her. But maybe we need to move on." Phil almost walks away but pauses when he see's Fitz.

Weird.
He acts strangely when passing them. Soon after, Jemma follows and they go back to the lab.

Melinda looks at them strangely as they walk out of the door. "I wonder what they're up to," Melinda says.

Phil shrugged it off and says, "we probably shouldn't worry about it—" but of course, Melinda's already storming out of the door heading to the lab, and Phil follows.

Melinda walks in the lab and her jaw drops. She turns Fitzs' computer screen around.

"Are those—are those my DNA samples?!!?" She yells

Fitzs' face expression goes to worry as Simmons' turns to shock.

"May—I— we can explain" Jemma shutters

"Well you better START explaining!" Melinda orders.

"We—we-" Fitz's voice shutters

Jemma saves him trouble and cuts him off, "We may have information about your daughter."