You are my Love Lifeline.

Melinda was in her bed, it was about 10:20. She wasn't working today so Phillip told her she should just rest.

She couldn't stop the tears from falling as she jumped up from bed, she was panting, cold drops of sweat ran from her forehead.

She had another one of those bad dreams.

She felt so lonely...
If only I had Coulson- she thought to herself.

She walked down the halls of the Shield base and walked into Phil's office. The door was open, but he wasn't there.

She wiped her wet cheeks and continued to search for him.

She passed his room but he wasn't in there either.

Where could he be?!

She walked into the training room in which she usually trained martial arts.

He was in the room watching two people train. He watched as they threw kicks at each other.
Simmons was standing by the door as Melinda walked through.

Melinda just stood in the room, waiting for Coulsons attention..

Melinda was standing- shaking wildly. Another tear fell from her eye.

He suddenly caught Melinda's eye and his mouth practically dropped open.

"Melinda.." he said softly.

Another tear streamed from her eye.
I guess it really was a bad dream.

Simmons left the room, as Phil ran to Melinda hugging her.

"Melinda. What's wrong? What happened?" Phil says again softly.

"I thought.."

"I-i thought I l-lost you.." she says closing her eyes to stop the tears.

I have to be strong. I have to be strong for my team. I cant cry..

"Melinda...I thought you were getting some sleep." He says not catching the idea of her reckless nightmares.

"Bad dream?" He asks wile giving her comfort.

She just looks down and Phil embraces her in a hug.

"You're my lifeline. Phil." She says softly.

"My love."

"My love lifeline." She says again.

"I can't loose you." Another tear streamed from her eye, she hugged Phil tightly and he kissed the top of her forehead.

"You will never have to worry about loosing me." He says as Phil and Melinda take a seat on the couch.

Phil huggs Melinda tight as she places her head on his shoulder.

Phil embraces her into a meaningful kiss. His warmth always ensures her everything will be okay.
His kisses always tells her he loves her.
His hugs always comforts her, makes her feel better.
"You are my love, and you will never loose me." He says again as Melinda slowly drifts to sleep.

Maybe it was her fear, or maybe it was his love.. But philinda are always each others' lifelines.