This is our story, Mel

May gasped as the knife entered her stomach. The man with her lover's face did this, and she would die knowing that. She thought he would love her too, maybe some part of him would be Coulson. Maybe some part of him would have the lovely memories they once shared.
Maybe...but she was wrong.

Her memories flashed through her mind like a book; a book that had pages torn and was desperate for a better ending. Would she die like this? Would she die without an ending?

But just because she would have a horrible ending, doesn't mean the team would. They deserved better. They were her family, she wouldn't let them lose like this. She fought with all the energy left in her body and destroyed Izell. Sarge was destroyed too, so was her hope. Even though he stabbed her without mercy, doesn't mean she assumed him as a monster. She still believed in love, in fairytales, she still believed that every story has a happy ending.

She laid on the ground, as Daisy was above her. Daisy, she thought. The most beautiful thing in the world is love, and she loved Daisy. She was like a daughter to her, she was an angel in her mind.

"I was hoping to see him again.." I say as my body begins turning cold. I shivered as blood escaped my stomach.

"Me too," Daisy says while fighting tears. I wanted her to know it's okay, I wanted her to know it wasn't over.

"I guess I'll see him soon enough," I say, finally as my vision begins to blur. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to go so soon. Maybe if we had enough time we could stop it, but it's over. I'm dying. I'm dying without the man I love most.

Life, death, it's all the same. We live to die, and once we're gone it's not over. Maybe I'll see Coulson, I'd die to see him and I think I just proved it.

My vision blurs and suddenly it's over.
Suddenly I'm gone.

"Coulson..?" I whisper quietly. I look around and I seem to be in the old Shield base.

"I thought I'd see you here," he chuckles.

"Is... is it really you?" I say as tears form in my eyes.

"Yes, Mel. It's me," he offers me a smile.

I froze. I wanted to run into his arms but something was stopping me.

"I'm sorry, Phil. I left her," I cried. "I left Daisy." I sobbed into my hands.

"Mel, look at me. It's okay, it's okay it wasn't your fault. You killed Izell. You saved them, Mel!" He tries cheering me up.

"She didn't deserve it, Phil..." and suddenly he's gone.

"Phil?!?" I yell into the emptiness. My voice echoes and no one answers.

I decide to walk forward... and there he is. Phil Coulson, the man of my life.

"Where did you go?" I ask, "I thought you left me,"I chuckle.

"I thought you'd might want to dance," he asks, adjusting his tie. "Reminds me of the cover we worked back in Florida."

I smile slightly, confused when I look down and notice I'm wearing a sparkly silver dress.

"Phil...?" I ask, "where are we?"

"I thought you'd might ask that." He chuckles. "This is our story, Mel. This is our timeline." He smiles, grabbing my hand.

"Let's dance."

His hands were soft, his smile was so bright it could blind you. After a couple of songs, we stopped dancing.

Phil walked towards the door and stopped. "Follow me, Mel!" His voice was so soft and clean, but it sounded blurry, like a memory trapped in my head. He was almost whispering but I'd be able to hear him from miles away. It was strange, like we were the only ones on the planet.

I walked towards the door and everything changed. My dress was removed and I was wearing my regular shield attire.

"Where are we now?" I asked softly. I looked around and it all seemed too familiar.

"The lighthouse, Mel." He says while giving me a light smile.

"Why is this a part of our story?" I ask, confused.

"Because, Melinda..." he pauses, looking at me. "This is the first place where you told me you loved me."

Tears threaten to escape my eyes when he says those words. I remember now, I remember telling him I loved him.

"I- I guess it took me a while to realize what you were saying," he chuckled nervously. "I was so stupid back then, Mel. I never got a change to tell you I love you back."

"But now I can tell you, now I can tell you that I love you." He says.

He grabs my hand and walks me towards the door once again. When he opens the door I smell the ocean. It's so peaceful. The water rushing over the sand.

"Tahiti?" I ask. He nods.

"Why are we here?" I look at him, holding his hand while looking at the ocean.

"Because this is where it ended," he squeezes my hand and offers me a smile.

"We held hands here, Melinda. But... we also said goodbye here."

I wipe tears from my eyes and give Phil a weak smile. "I don't ever want to say goodbye to you, Phil." I cry to him.

"You don't have to, Mel. Your story can end here." He chuckles, "I always did say it was a magical place."

I look at him, smiling. I squeeze his hand once more, and then he's gone. Tahiti is gone too, and soon I'm just standing in emptiness.

"Phil...?" I say. I cry silently when I get no response. "Phil?!"

"May, May it's me." Daisy says. "May he's not here," she cries "I'm sorry."

"Daisy. Daisy I saw him."