Chapter 2

"Sooo why didn't you ever tell me you knew Djay like the rapper Djay. You know how many hits he's made in the last couple of years , plus his new album that just dropped that's a banger and not to mention his ass is fine girl."Gabby continued on and on as she turned to the side looking at her body in her Givenchy ensemble.

She hadn't stop talking about it from the time they got through the door, Gabby wanted all of the tea on Mr.D'Jay. April rolled her eyes as she applied the last bit of gloss to her lips, she flipped her long natural hair admiring herself through the vanity. They were both getting ready for the party tonight at Ace.

Since Gabby basically was dragging April along with her she might as well go to take her mind of the light skinned devil she ran into earlier. After talking to her boyfriend Vince, he let her know he was working late at the office to make a deadline she figured she stay over at Gabby's for the night.

Vince was a defense attorney, he was striving to be a lawyer and lately he'd been so stressed out he would force himself to work over time just to get his promotion. He was such a hard working man, stood up for what he believed in. Being one of the smartest black defense attorneys coming from a none law school he was great at what he do but ofcourse his superiors underestimated his skills, he had connects with the DEA, FBI you name it but that simply wasn't enough for his superiors. April sighed because it's been almost a week since they've seen each other.

Vince didn't have as much time as he used to have now and days he was never good on his promises, dates would always get post-poned and if April offered to cook for him it would always end up cold. But when he was there with her, everything was brushed out the window and their relationship was just fine. Others found it weird how Vince wanted control over April's life but she didn't see it as that. Vince was something new and she did miss him, she sent him a 'I miss you' text before looking over at Gabby who was waiting for her to respond.

April smacked her lips. "We grew up together, we started dating, it didn't work out he moved. That's it that's all."April waved her off making it short , simple and brief.

Gabby eyes bugged a little bit. "Bitch what! And your still with that loser Vince and he can't even help you towards any of your bills always wanna know where you are but never have time for you. Gosh April I swear all he is good for is empty promises and barely good dick but he can eat up all your damn food and control where you go tho right?"Gabby said bluntly grabbing her purse.

April narrowed her eyes at her through the mirror. Sometimes she hated how real Gabby was, they both kept it brutality honest in their friendship that's why they were so close. Gabby and April met back in high school, April's Jr year and ever since then the pair was inseparable.

"Vince isn't a loser, why because he isn't rich? I have my own money or drive a fancy car? I can drive myself. You forgot I came from nothing and I have my own so that doesn't impress me."April retorted smacking her lips. She knew Gabby was right in most ways but she didn't want to hear it.

"Well it seems like to me that Mr.Djay spin wants that old thang back and if I was you I'd take him up on his offer and hurt him the same way he hurt you."Gabby said wrapping her arm around her besties shoulder. They looked each other over in the mirror.

"Damn we look good! Come on girl let's go!"Gabby clapped her hands together grabbing her keys.

11:34pm

Ace was lit. The club was packed and the girls was having a great time. Gabby was able to pull a couple strings and they landed a spot in the VIP section. Rounds of complimentary drinks was coming their way from all angles. The ballers was out tonight and their attention was on the two ebony goddesses that danced with one another. Like the classy woman they were they didn't press up on the men , the men came to them.