Chapter 16

How do you tell your bestfriend that your in love with their sister? That one question lingered in D'Jays mind as he sat outside of April's front.

"Am I really in love?"He asked himself as he blew smoke from his nose looking over at her house.

"I'd literally die for shawty."He said confirming his inner thoughts. It took everything in him not to put Darnell in his place, they were like brothers grant it but he had no right questioning him when he answered to no one.

After tonight Nell made it perfectly clear that he didn't want them together he rubbed his neck inhaling the smoke from his blunt as he tried to calm his nerves. He rubbed his eyes, he wanted to blame Shine for starting this shit but he knew sooner or later he would have to just tell Darnell.

He seen the skeptical looks Nell would give him time to time as the night went on but D'Jay some how always tried to revert his attention to something else until he asked him this question.

"So who's this broad you was with that got you all caught up an late? What happend to D'Jay don't love these hoes on to the next ?"Nell asked as he drove to the link up spot to meet Rico. He glanced over as D'Jay turned his head and bit his jaw. He tried to quickly think of something to throw him off. Nells eyes never wavering as he awaited a direct answer.

"Just this lil shawty I been seeing for awhile she ain't a hoe either and Im not caught up."D'Jay added looking at Shine in the rear view daring him to say something. Nell looked in the rear as well to see if Shine gave off any hints but he stared out the window watching his surrounding past. He was done starting shit for tonight, he just wanted to make this drop and head home.

Nell nodded then licked his lips. "What's her name?"He quickly tossed next. D'Jay relaxed further in the passenger and shrugged. "Who I get down with is none of your business just know you'll never get her."D'Jay said with a chuckle at the end as he sparked his blunt. Shine laughed agreeing with D'Jay.

"That would be nasty if he did."Shine mumbled under his breath as he loaded up his gun from the backseat once they neared the spot. Nell nodded letting it go, he had a feeling they was keeping him out of the loop but he was gonna figure it out.

Meanwhile Somewhere in Chicago

Vince leaned back in his leather chair, his eyes trained on his computer screen in his office. He clicked left through the photo album he had special for his pictures of April. A small smile traced over his lips as his eyes laid on a picture he had taken from her instagram account. He had some pictures he had photoshopped his face over D'Jays, you would have thought that it was actually him.

Vince was very tech-savvy hacker and skilled with forging evidence. Forging evidence so much so that you would think it was actually you. He had major plans for D'Jay but he had one small hitch, getting his father to actually talk to him. He sighed looking at his phone seeing that he hadn't had a missed call from his father in days. Maybe he thought that he was wasting his time again but this time around he knew he had something.

He knew a man like D'Jay had a dark past, if he was able to bring him down and expose him for the criminal he was. Vince would surely get promoted and get the respect he deserved from his father. His two sisters Morgan, Mayan and brother LeVell was always favorable in his father's eyes from their ivy league education down to their stellar careers it was as if Vince couldn't keep up with their success.

He needed a case, he hadn't been on one in months since April left him. He couldn't focus on nothing besides getting her back. Even if he had to build a fraudulent case he would, he already had eyes out on April. He spent his hours faithfully following her every move, and when he wasn't following her he was fantasizing about the two of them being together. He knew April wouldn't willingly take him back so he'd have to make her even if that meant destroying everything around her to show that he loved her just that much, his finger tips traced over one of her pictures that he had snapped of her leaving out of her front door. His frown grew at the thought of her being with someone else.