Chapter 19

The Next Morning
April's House

April came down the stairs to what smelled like burnt sausage and the blaring sound of the smoke detector. She fanned the air from the light smoke cloud coming from the kitchen. As she rounded the corner her smile appeared from watching D'Jay struggle with the stove hopping back from the popping grease. She licked her lips admiring the way the sun was hitting his toned body, her eyes roaming down to the way his Calvin Klein sweats hung low enough to see his pelvic crease. His bare back flexed as he swung the spatula as if he was playing greaseball. April giggled amused by his effort before she intervened.

"Babe what the hell are you doing? Shon you look crazy let me do it.."She laughed as she jogged over to where he was. He laughed stepping out of the way gladly handing her the spatula before he opened the kitchen window to let the smoke out.

This was his first time he had ever cooked actual food he figured it was no different then when he used to make coke it wasn't that hard and plus she always cooked for him so he wanted to do the same for her. But he ended up burning the bacon, the pancakes wasn't all the way done or barely edible and the eggs still had shells in them.

April quickly turnted the burner down placing the hot skillet in the sink turning the faucet on, she coughed from the sizzling smoke cloud rising from the pan.

D'Jay rubbed the back of his neck watching her clean up the obvious mess he had just attempted to make. He eased up behind her wrapping his arms around her waist as she shuffled around the kitchen cleaning up the mess. He licked his lips at her attire, the way her body was shaped in her fitted Wang track suit he didn't want to let her go. He ran his hands down her hips placing kisses on her neck. April stopped her movements tensing up a bit and then relaxed in his arms smiling.

"Since your already dress and I basically failed at cooking , how about I take you out this morning for breakfast."He offered swaying a bit inhaling her intoxicating Chanel 5 scent.

April fiddled with her thumbs and bit her bottom lip as her nerves started to rise in her stomach. She turned in his arms and D'Jay raised a brow sensing that something was wrong by the look in her eyes. He noticed that she was a little distant once they got home last night from their dinner date at Ruth Chris. She barely had much to say she was off into her own world picking at her food ignoring the conversation D'Jay would strike up. He asked her many times if she was okay she'd simply give him the reply of she was tired and just wanted to lay down.

"I would babe but I already promised Gabby that I would go shopping with her this morning."April slightly lied. She regretted not telling him the whole truth, she had gotten a call from her doctor letting her know her prescription was ready. April didnt want to bring the baby subject back up, she was actually afraid if he was serious or not. She loved D'Jay she did their relationship was perfect the way it was, why have a baby and mess that up. She was sure that D'Jay was simply caught up in the moment so she just decided to let it go.

"Woman and y'all shopping. Alright well you know we got the game later on tonight so don't be out too long...I'll be here chilling waiting for you to come back babe."He said pecking her lips then turning reaching for the Frosted Flakes. April nodded reaching for her phone to reply to Gabby text on the counter but then D'Jay's phone started ringing.

'Venus'

"Who's Venus?"April asked raising a brow seeing as though they was calling his personal line. D'Jay casually poured his cereal and then reached for his phone rejecting the call before placing it back on the counter face up.