Chapter 20

8:45pm
April's House

D'Jay winced a little from the sting from the peroxide that sizzled on his lip. April shushed him as she nursed his wombs, dabbing the cotton ball over his bloody scars. They stood in the bathroom silence filling the atmosphere, April putting bandaids on his cuts as D'Jay held the frozen steak package up to his eye with a scowl. They decided not to go to the game after what happend, They both wasn't up for it anymore their date night was ruined once again. D'Jay clenched his jaw from the thought of it all ignoring the pain shooting through his face. He felt like killing someone that's how mad he was. His mind wandered to his next power play, Vince had to be handled.

April stood in one of Dashon's long t-shirts she looked up at him with soft eyes slightly pouting, he hadn't said anything since the fight she understood his silence but somehow she felt like this was her fault. D'Jay staring at his reflection in the mirror with a still stone calculating glare. His bottom lip was busted and he had a gash on his jaw and a bruise under his eye that was all. He let out a heavy breath he still hadnt calmed down from the fight with Darnell earlier.

'Me and you are no longer brothers.'Nells voice replayed in his mind. He blinked trying to erase those words from his memory. April ran her hand softly down his face making him come out of his trance and lay his eyes on her.

"I'm so sorry D'Jay this is all my fault I should have told Darnell way before this and if you want to break up with me-"

"April stop it....Look yeah we was wrong for lying but honestly it was none of his damn business who you date or who I date,because at the end of the day its you and me and nothing is gonna change that...You feel me?"He said pulling her close staring into her eyes. April sank into his arms placing her head on his chest.

"He only does it to protect me Shon, he's my brother and really all the family I have."She wished Nell would come to his senses she knew he would come around sooner than later but it was a lot to take in right now.

"Well if he can't accept this...then we start our own lil family."D'Jay said looking down at her running his hands up and down her back. He had gotten used to waking up next her every morning, coming home to her every night to the point where he hadn't been to his own home since they started dating. He missed her when she wasn't around and he made him better in ways that he couldn't control, he was getting used to the normal life. He had taking her long wish of leaving the game alone into full consideration, it crossed his mind along with getting back into the studio and making music.

She dropped her head swallowing the lump in her throat.

'Tell him the truth before you lose him.' Aprils thoughts rang out. She couldn't, it took D'Jay so long to get to this stage she was afraid of telling him no to something like starting a family. She wasn't ready to rebuild the damage her mother caused. Avoiding the situation was the best way for her to cope and though she was in love with D'Jay deeply she just wasn't ready.

D'Jay laid his forehead against April's and they held eachother for a moment. He seen the uneasy look on her face and decided not to press the issue. Her bottom lip trembled, she was afraid of losing him. He pulled her in closer wrapping her in a warm embrace , no words was said just having eachother was enough.

April pulled away and looked into D'Jays eyes. Starring at eachother for a moment she rubbed her thumb over his bandage. Then kissed him softly along his jawline, is hands pulling at her waist with a sigh. She cupped his face kissing his swollen lips. D'Jay pulled her closer to him gripping at her shirt. The kiss turned from passion to fiery passion in seconds. Their body's reacting to eachother like explosive chemistry.

D'Jay caried April to her bedroom still wrapped in their intense makeout session. They fell on top of the bed and April pushed D'Jay down on the pillows mounting his lower half. His hands pulled at the bottom of his shirt she had on fully discarding the material from her body.