Chapter 6

Two Weeks Later
April's House
7:56pm

Baby it's been a week you can't be still mad at me?'
'I'm sorry I screwed up, it's just that my job is important to me and I really want this promotion'
'You know my dad puts a lot of pressure on me when it comes down to my career and becoming a lawyer would make him proud and you know how much I want my father's approval'
'Baby I'm sorry please I shouldn't have took my anger out on you, can you talk to me?'
'April you need to call me! I know you see my text!'
'IM ON MY WAY!'

The angry texts from Vincent was pouring into April's notification bar. She had been ignoring him but now since he stated he was on his way over she figured it was just another ploy for her to respond but he wasn't bluffing this time.

April was in her kitchen smiling hard at a text from Djay. She turned the burner down on the stove as she finished up making dinner for tonight. It's been two weeks since they started their friendship and things have been going great. April was comfortable around him, Djay felt it as well. She felt hesitant about breaking down her walls when it came to him, it was still too early to tell she  kept her word and kept him as a friend. Still they hadn't kissed or did anything sexual, ofcourse the tension was evident. Djay couldn't stop calling her 'Baby' and April would flirt here and there too.

"What do you want Shon?!"April laughed holding her phone up to her ear. Once she turned him down through text. He instantly called her.

"Why you being stingy with the food huh? I miss your cooking or you in their burning the house down?"Djay teased on the other end of the phone.

April looked over the food she made, a pan sirred salmon, stuffed mashed potatoes and broccoli. She pressed her lips together she was bored and since Gabby was working late tonight she did want some company.

"Well I mean you could-"She stopped in mid-sentence once she heard her doorbell rang. Djay raised a brow hearing it in the background as he walked through his penthouse once tying up his boots. He grabbed one of his silver pistols from his armory stash, He loaded the magazine clip then placed it in the back of his waistband. He had some business of his own to take care of tonight.

"What you popping up-"April smirked as she walked through the hallway of her house. She fixed her hair a little making sure she looked presentable.

"Who you got coming over to your house?"Djay asked aggressively

"Who you got coming over to your house?"Djay asked aggressively. April blinked getting closer to the door, she'd thought it was Djay that was at the door but she was sadly mistaken. She looked through the peephole and saw it was Vince. He started pounding on her front door once she took too long to answer.

April jumped from the sound. "Who the fuck is that!"Djay yelled instantly thinking the worse as he opened his own front door. April sighed she knew she was going to have to face him sooner or later.