Chapter 17

Flashback
September 2nd,2008

D'Jay threw his final duffle back into his Jeep quickly jogging to the drivers seat. Shine hopped into the passenger once his suitcases was secure in the back. Their anxiety was high after the drop lastnight with Rico going completely left the two boys was already ahead and ready to leave town. D'Jay couldn't risk sticking around after killing two DEA cops as he drove down the street the air was silent, thick and full of tension. Shine fiddled with his fingers stealing a couple glances at him tryna formulate the right words to say.

"D'Jay bro thanks for having me lastnight man forreal...if you ain't clip them two fools I'd prolly be behind bars for the rest of my life...I promise Imma make it up to you D that's my word."Shine confessed looking down at his shoes.

D'Jay jaw clenched as lastnight events played in his head, he had no idea how the DEA knew about the drop and he was livid because someone in his inner circle set them up. He couldn't risk neither of them going to jail an possibly surviving a life sentence.

As the two were trying to escape the warehouse Shine had got caught by one of the cops, as D'Jay was making a stealthy get away he noticed Shine had got caught, he hid behind some boxes pulling out his gun getting a clear shot of the officers head pulling the trigger. Shine stood there frozen until D'Jay fired his gun off at the other officer approaching him, the bullet piercing through her chest watching her drop in front of him. Shine was so stunned he couldn't move, D'Jay rushed the both of them out the warehouse getting away from the cops unnoticed before the hurd of officers flooded the warehouse.

This was the drop that was supposed to had changed their lives forever making them the next kings in line. Now there was a America's most wanted ad floating around on everyone's television screen for two young males luckily they could barely identify them, he could bet on it that Rico would squeal soon to save his own ass he didn't owe them any loyalty. D'Jay simply looked at Shine feeling deep down this was all his fault if he hadn't went back for the bag of money he would have never gotten caught. D'Jay stayed silent and continued to drive down the street, he couldn't wrap his head around his next move but he knew he had to go.

He had to hurt her again. He knew April wouldn't understand, hell she might even try to fight him but he just want her to know that he fucked up big time this time but he still loved her. He didn't know where he was driving until he pulled up onto her block. His heart fluttered once he neared her house seeing her car in the drive way. Shine looked around confused and shifted in the passenger.

"D'Jay we gotta get out of Chicago-

"Shine I need you to shut the fuck up nigga! If it wasn't for you we wouldn't be in this shit! Now I gotta hurt my girl cause of yo ass nigga! You know how many times she told me stop fucking with ya ass and here you go got me in some shit! Man that's all you and Nell ass do is get me in some shit! Now look I'm going in here to talk to my bitch you sit out here and make sure the police ain't making their rounds aight?!"D'Jay let out frustrated he was in this predicament.

Things between him and April was rocky, she was starting not to support his lifestyle, they would argue more than usual D'Jay would leave her abruptly after an argument not talking to her for days simply because he didn't feel like her nagging he needed his rider. She was growing tired of his lies and not knowing his whereabouts, she was starting to lose trust in him thinking he was out cheating on her when he was actually out making moves. At first she was down for whatever, April did most things she thought she'd never do while with him , she would skip school to ride around with him making his drops just to make sure he was okay that's how down she was. Now she wasn't too sure anymore as the police was more and more involved and he started to grow deeper into the game.