Chapter 14

A Week Later
Thursday
At the Cut
1:30pm

Beyoncé's Lemonade album played through the speakers of the empty shop, "Sorry" was blasting as the girls sang along not missing a beat or a lyric. Gigi and April twerking and moving their hips to the beat, giggling with eachother mimicking their dance moves.

They had grown closer than the usual barbershop coworker bond that they usual had, they had actual became friends

They had grown closer than the usual barbershop coworker bond that they usual had, they had actual became friends. The barbers had finished up cleaning their side days ago and would drop by on occasion to see if April needed help moving anything but overall everyone was like a family and they refused to let April do it alone, everything was coming together.

April swepted the floors as she and Gigi got the placed packed up and cleaned, they've been cleaning for hours breaking a sweat and getting to know eachother. They both was singing their hearts out along with Queen Bee.

They laughed at eachother once the song ended and high fived.

"We killed that song girl, I'm tryna tell you she needs to take me on tour

"We killed that song girl, I'm tryna tell you she needs to take me on tour. My good sis already shouted me out on the album so I'm well on my way."Gigi laughed while packing up some of the hair supplies from the shelves. They was just about finished up, everything was packed away in boxes ready to be hauled to storage until next time they opened. It was a bittersweet moment for April, not really wanting to change a thing about her father's shop but they was in desperate need of repairs. With the leaky faucets, the huge hole in the ceiling that clients clearly saw everyday and other major repairs, as much as April didn't want to it was time for the change.

D'Jay had put the order in for the renovations on the shop, but that wouldn't happen until another month. April took the time to saver the way the shop looked for the time being before the demolition. She sighed looking over at her father picture hanging on the wall over by his client chair. She walked over to it, no one had sat in it or cut hair in it since he passed away. It was his memoriam and everyone in the hood respected that.

She missed him so much, she wished he was still here with her, being the only parent she'd every known. With her mother abandoning her , her fathers love was all she'd known. And keeping his dream alive was the only thing she had left of him. April couldn't help but feel like her brother had been avoiding her, she didnt know what had his attention but Darnell hadn't been by the shop since, she shrugged it off figuring he still felt guilty for not being honest with her. She couldn't hold a grudge against her brother she genuinely understood why he did it though it still hurt.