Chapter 3

3 days later
Thursday, 1:12pm

"April girl you never disappoint, I know my husband is probably going to sweat this out tonight I look good."Carol , one of April's older clients complemented as she looked herself over in the mirror. April laughed she loved putting smiles on those woman faces.

Carol handed her the $200 for her hairstyle and pulled her into a warm hug. "Same time next week?"Carol asked locking in her appointment.

"Same time Ms.Carol and you have fun tonight."April waved goodbye to her giving her a friendly smile. Gigi leaned over from her station laughing.

"I swear Ms.Carol is a trip, she come in here every week lying talking about her no good husband...don't she know he cheating on her?"Gigi asked, her client in her chair pressed her lips together nodding agreeing.

April chuckled shaking her head as she sat in her styling chair. "How you know Gigi."April asked smacking her lips giving her coworker that crazy look. She shot her a 'are you serious look'.

"First of all April, you can always tell when your man is cheating

"First of all April, you can always tell when your man is cheating. Come on the usual he's working late always got and excuse. And plus I heard he be leaving out of Ms.Georgia house every Thursday at the same time before he come and pick her ass up from here...Girl how you think I caught Anthony lying ass cheating?"Gigi laughed sinisterly along with her client as they high fived. A couple ladies listening in nodded their heads agreeing with Gigi. April furrowed her brows, she looked down at her phone. She had texted Vince earlier and she still hadn't gotten a reply back yet.

Darnell side eyed his sister from over his clients head as he cut away. April felt his eyes but she didn't feel like arguing with her brother today. Their relationship was always a rolledcoaster ride. He was her older brother, wanted to be over protective and a pest about almost everything that she did.

April had some down time she started chatting with Gigi and the rest of the ladies. She had finished her eight clients for today and now she was waiting on Vince to come and pick her up.

Another attempt to make up for his many broken promises. This time he said he wanted to take her somewhere that was really special for him. April was excited to go out on a date with her boyfriend it had been a little while since they went out on a date.

Darnell jaw clenched once he saw the old ass 2010 white Lexus pull up to the curb. He already knew it was that bitchass boyfriend of hers. Vince got out the car with flowers. Darnell sucked his teeth once he entered and all the woman damn near swooned over the gesture.

 Darnell sucked his teeth once he entered and all the woman damn near swooned over the gesture