Chapter 12

2 weeks later
At April's House
3:00pm

"So what your saying is your a hoe?"Gabby playfully asked while laying across April's bed scrolling through her Macbook. April burst out laughing as she continued slipping on her clothes getting ready for a day of shopping with her bestfriend. Gabby had rushed over for the tea that April had to spill, it was simply too hot for the phone. It had been two weeks since D'Jay and April was dating and she had to admit things was going great. He would come home to her every night accompanied with some late night snacks just like April wanted. He was slightly changing he was workin on his manners trying his best to prove himself though he failed most times , she thought it was cute. She was happy and actually thought this time around their relationship would be better.

"How am I a hoe now bitch?"April said through chuckles as she blushed a little bit just by the simple thought of her man. She turned to the side admiring her curves in the mirror. The denim low rise jeans hugging her hips to perfection, she smirked liking the way she was filling out.

"Uhhh helloo the random four bands that's sitting on your dresser from your new boy toy and not to mention you still got Vince ass dangling around."Gabby stated while scrolling through twitter. April chuckled then smacked her lips as she looked at her through the full body mirror.

"First of all me and Vince are done after that stunt he pulled the other day I damn near killed that fool...and me and Shon well we are taking things slow ya know we are  together but we are still working on us...and sometimes he just goes overboard when he asks if I need money, the shop is still closed so he figured I needed some extra cash."April said simply while slipping on her Prada sandals.

Gabby shrugged then sat up on the bed. "Having two men wouldn't have been two bad I mean they both fine."Gabby joked shrugging. April sucked her teeth smirking and playfully hit her shoulder.

"Shut up girl and come on. You must not know Dashon he's a little crazy."April said with a small smile actually liking his craziness, it was something about it that always aroused her.

Gabby grabbed her LV bag and followed April down the stairs. "I mean I pretty much knew that the way the streets been buzzing about him lately."Gabby tipped, April turned around and raised a brow waiting for her to continue.

April motioned her to continue with her hand. Gabby sucked her teeth.

"I mean I don't know how true this is but the tea that I've been getting is that D'Jay is back on top, but you know my cousin Shonda who babyfavah run with Rico...yeah well she told me that Scar head was found in the river and Rico is getting out of prison now."Gabby gave April the run down. She let the information sink in. She didn't know much about Rico only what she heard from the streets, D'Jay never discussed business with her unless she really pressed him about it even then he still wasn't completely honest.

She was confused but she remember the night D'Jay came to her house and he had that look like he had took someone's life. With Rico getting out after being behind bars for ten years, who knew what trouble he would bring. She started to feel a bit nervous and her anxiety started to peak, her mind started to think the worse.

'I got everything under control I promise, I'll never have you in danger don't worry about me aight I got us..' D'Jays words started to replay in her head. She wanted to believe that she really did but she knew he could never be fully safe living the fast life like this. He had enemies he didn't even know he had, she worried about D'Jay though she knew what he was capable of. Back in the day he had got into a fight with four older guys that looked around their mid twenties at the time D'Jay was seventeen he was selling on their corner one afternoon and the dudes tried to rob him and beat him up, all D'Jay had to protect himself was his fist and a pocket knife. He ended up winning the fight without a scratch sending two to the hospital, one nearly dead and another running for their life covered in bruises and blood. But she always feared it was someone out there that was enough for D'Jay.